ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

OneKey 2.0.5.0

(1/5) > >>

MilesAhead:
This is yet another tray hotkey.  The idea this time is a hotkey dedicated to launching a single shortcut, or data file, or exectuable/batch file.  If you have one thing that you open constantly but you don't want to mouse for it or use a spot on the Super Bar or whatnot, you can use this to have it launch with a function key press.

Default hotkey is F11.  Hotkey can be changed via Tray Menu or by command line param.  Pressing the hotkey before the launch file has been initialized, or using the Set Shortcut or File to Launch command in the Tray Menu, brings up an input box.  Simply type in or paste the path to the file/shortcut.

I tried a file open dialog first, but it was a pita navigating to start menu or program files etc. I thought the simple Input Box was better since you can just use Explorer Copy As Path command or just type the path in manually.  The nice thing is it doesn't care about quotes. You can Copy As Path then Paste and just leave the double quotes on if you like.

On program quit, it writes OneKey.ini in the same folder as the exe to save hotkey and path info.

Data files open with the appropriate program via Windows file type association.

You may download from my page:

http://www.favessoft.com/hotkeys.html

As usual, it's free for you to use at your own risk.  Donations via Tray Menu command, or otherwise, appreciated. :)

MilesAhead:
OneKey 1.4.0.0.  Fixed bug where hotkey or launch file/shortcut changes were not saved to .ini on shutdown or log off.

MilesAhead:
OneKey 1.5.0.0  Fixed bug when hotkey changed via Tray Menu

ewemoa:
A number of applications seem to use F11 for full-screen mode (e.g. IE, Firefox, Chrome, Opera, jEdit, SpeedCrunch, VLC)...it seems like it might be developing into a kind of convention.

MilesAhead:
A number of applications seem to use F11 for full-screen mode (e.g. IE, Firefox, Chrome, Opera, jEdit, SpeedCrunch, VLC)...it seems like it might be developing into a kind of convention.
-ewemoa (April 18, 2011, 05:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

You can easily set it to a different function key using Set Keyboard Hotkey command in Tray Menu. Also the hotkey deoesn't have to be one key.  That's just the way I want to use it.  You can change it to Atl-F11 or Control-Shift-r or whatever using the same tray command. The limitation is hotkeys that AHK understands as input.  For instance to set the hotkey on the command line to Control-F10 use "^F10" on the command line(without the quotes.)

Once you set it the .ini file remembers it. It's not like you have to set it every time. There's too many hotkeys out there to totally avoid conflicts esp. when only using one key.

edit: otoh you make a good point.  F10 seems to be open at least in browsers. I'll set that as default in next release.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version