ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Growing Green != Going Green

<< < (2/3) > >>

housetier:
I wonder how much CO2 is bound by those weeds. I guess it's less than what the alleged grow lights cause to release.

And there are other ways to cultivate weeds that do not require so much energy, but patience and a little bit of technical skill. I mean if you can grow tomatoes indoor, a weed should almost grow by itself.

OTOH I supported Prop 19, so I am biased against any such reports.

Stoic Joker:
Hm... I have long hair, but I quit smoking weed years ago, and while I like the whole green thing to an extent, I think global warming is bull shit.

I have no idea what to make of this 1% issue...

Why don't they find out what 20% of it is caused by and bitch about that instead?

Renegade:
Hm... I have long hair, but I quit smoking weed years ago, and while I like the whole green thing to an extent, I think global warming is bull shit.

I have no idea what to make of this 1% issue...

Why don't they find out what 20% of it is caused by and bitch about that instead?
-Stoic Joker (April 14, 2011, 02:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

Because any excuse to bitch is a good excuse to bitch? :)

I dunno... I'd still take advantage of it to push for legalization. (I'd still want to see skunk restricted as it is actually dangerous.)

Like SJ, I quit smoking pot years ago. Last I read, something like about 1/3rd of Canadians admit to smoking pot or have smoked it. It's a non-issue for a lot of people, so making it illegal seems odd. And there are all those wonderful environmental benefits! Yeah! The environmental benefits dude~! :P

cranioscopical:
Last I read, something like about 1/3rd of Canadians admit to smoking pot or have smoked it
-Renegade (April 14, 2011, 06:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's why 1/3rd of Canadians have corn fields  ;)

f0dder:
What are hippies going to do now? They either have to stop the marijuana habit or admit they really don't care about global warming.-Deozaan (April 14, 2011, 03:51 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yeah well, if they smoke enough they aren't likely to care about anything :)

Prime reason all kinds of drugs isn't legalized is not public health issues, it's the cash flow. The corrupt politicians want their bribes, and the police/military/etc wouldn't want their funding cut or lose the ability to play with a lot of fancy toys. The general population would be better off, though, we'd see crime rates drop quite a lot, and organized crime would lose a helluva lot of their cash flow. But it just ain't gonna happen. Too bad, remember what happened once the alcohol prohibition ended?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version