ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Growing Green != Going Green

(1/3) > >>

Deozaan:
Marijuana causes global warming, uses 1% of U.S. electricity

People growing marijuana indoors use 1 percent of the U.S. electricity supply, and they create 17 million metric tons of carbon dioxide every year (not counting the smoke exhaled) according to a report by Evan Mills, an energy analyst at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

After medical pot use was made legal in California in 1996, Mills says, per-person residential electricity use in Humboldt County jumped 50 percent compared to other parts of the state.-http://www.bizjournals.com/sanfrancisco/news/2011/04/12/marijuana-causes-global-warming.html
--- End quote ---

What are hippies going to do now? They either have to stop the marijuana habit or admit they really don't care about global warming.

JavaJones:
Hah, that's hilarious. Of course if it was fully legal they could just grow out outdoors where there's plenty of natural light and the plants would actually be pulling carbon dioxide from the air...

- Oshyan

Renegade:
Hah, that's hilarious. Of course if it was fully legal they could just grow out outdoors where there's plenty of natural light and the plants would actually be pulling carbon dioxide from the air...

- Oshyan
-JavaJones (April 14, 2011, 04:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

+1

housetier:
And of course every marijuana user is a hippie, very good. I couldn't agree less.

tomos:
And of course every marijuana user is a hippie, very good. I couldn't agree less.
-housetier (April 14, 2011, 09:17 AM)
--- End quote ---

I thought that too (as a response) but then I saw the point was that, [of the dope smokers,] it's only the hippies that care about global warming
(poor Deo get's a hard time...)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version