ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Unfinished Requests

IDEA:Something that will tell you wether a folder is empty or not.

(1/3) > >>

fantum:
As simple as this seems, I can't find a prog that will simply tell you if a folder is empty or if it contains something.  I would like to be able to punch in a hot key to run the prog, and it could simply say folder not empty or folder empty.  Any ideas?  Thnx

mouser:
this isnt a direct answer to your question, but Directory Opus (a very expensive replacement for windows explorer), has a very nice feature that calculates folder contents sizes, and is wonderful for the kind of thing you are asking, allowing you to see at a glace what folders have stuff in them and how much..

there are some free file explorer replacements, maybe one of them has something similar?

tenseiken:
Yeah, Directory Opus has this, but to be honest, it's one of the things that Xplorer2 does better.

fantum:
Thank you for the suggestions.  I will try those. 

nudone:
again, i'm not going to be of the greatest help but i'm sure that i've seen one or two little apps that claimed to monitor and report whether a folder contained anything or not.

they might not have strictly monitored if the folder was empty. i think they observed if new files had been placed in the folder - would that be enough.

if i can find them i'll let you know but they must have been things i've seen over at shellcity.net or nonags.com.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version