topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 5:09 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: LBC with two monitors problem  (Read 29561 times)

mohaqeq

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: LBC with two monitors problem
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2011, 02:06 PM »
Having borders enabled or not, once you close prefs or restart the program the docks will end up on the same monitor.  (Which monitor they both end up on varies, and it's not clear to me what determines the choice of the lucky monitor each time.)  Can you recreate this issue on your system?  As I mentioned before, I can circumvent the issue by running 2 instances of the program.  Is there a way to have the 2 instances run by default at startup?

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2011, 02:17 PM »
You're right, i can reproduce.
And since i'm just about to release a new minor LBC update, i will try to fix this now.

mohaqeq

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2011, 02:22 PM »
Thanks a bunch!  If it's not trouble, please check that your fix will also work with no borders.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2011, 01:55 PM »
I've uploaded a beta that attempts to fix some of the multimonitor multi-dock issues.  Can you guys let me know how it does?

Beta is here, just install over current version:
https://www.donation...arCommanderSetup.exe

v1.129.01 BETA - November 18, 2011
  • [BugFix] When using multiple docks, all but first dock would fail to remember the monitor it was docked on.
  • [BugFix] When minimizing docks to the system tray, docks could forget which monitor they were docked to, or whether they were docked or floating.
  • [BugFix] Floating docks could sometimes change size or monitor when docked and undocked.

mohaqeq

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2011, 05:06 PM »
As far as I can tell, the beta has fixed the docks-remembering-their-respective-monitors issue.  Now, upon closing Prefs or restarting LBC, docks appear on their last-assigned monitors and don't crowd on one.  As for the minimizing to system tray, I hadn't used it much previously, so don't recall how it was behaving before.  But with the beta, right clicking on the sys tray icon and toggling "Restore from Tray" only toggles between dock & undock; "Restore from Tray" seems to act the same as "Toggle Docking" for a given dock.

I should point out another issue I'd notice earlier, as well.  If I have 2 docks running and I assign a transparent background to one dock and a colored background to the other, depending on which one is the colored one, they both appear w/ colored backgrounds.  It seems to be determined by which dock was started first, but I'm not sure.  So if dock1 is given colored bkgd & dock2 transparent, then that's how they appear.  But switch the choice of colored & transparent bkgds for the 2 docks, and both appear w/ colored bkgd!  (So the colored gene is dominant & the transparent one recessive, only if the right sibling is assigned the colored gene!!)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2011, 06:02 PM »
But with the beta, right clicking on the sys tray icon and toggling "Restore from Tray" only toggles between dock & undock; "Restore from Tray" seems to act the same as "Toggle Docking" for a given dock.

I guess you have the unusual "always show tray icon" option set for your dock.. otherwise you wouldnt even have the icon to click on when not minimized.  I'll consider this a feature, though i guess i could improve that menu item caption.

I should point out another issue I'd notice earlier, as well.  If I have 2 docks running and I assign a transparent background to one dock and a colored background to the other, depending on which one is the colored one, they both appear w/ colored backgrounds.  It seems to be determined by which dock was started first, but I'm not sure.  So if dock1 is given colored bkgd & dock2 transparent, then that's how they appear.  But switch the choice of colored & transparent bkgds for the 2 docks, and both appear w/ colored bkgd!  (So the colored gene is dominant & the transparent one recessive, only if the right sibling is assigned the colored gene!!)

youch that made my head hurt.. but i'll look into it.. you guys never cease to amaze me how you try using some of these features..

mohaqeq

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2011, 07:15 PM »
Yes, "always show tray icon" was enabled.  Thanks very much for the fixes.

sakiskom

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2011, 06:16 PM »
I don't remember where we left this -- but i'm ready to test and fix.  LBC has always worked perfectly on multimonitor setups for me, and is designed to be dockable on any edge of any screen.

It is common to have the dock appear somewhere on the desktop when you undock, and some icons might not be visible until your resize the dock.  but you should always be able to drag and drop it onto any edge of any monitor.
I have stop working LBC because of this problem.
In the next week i will try the latest new LBC.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2011, 03:01 PM »

sakiskom

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2012, 12:12 AM »
So... i use the latest beta. When i run LBC, now the program remembers the last use before i close down... and opens to the right monitor! :D

But...!
When i close, and open, "preference and option" window, this window das not remember where is close down and always open to the same monitor on LBC! :-\

I second bug(?) that is annoying for me, is that when i run the program i see the program on "small window" and then the program "lock" to my monitor. Why wont see from the begining only the locked window? I see this bug(?) and when i press the "Rebuild" option, on Right Clicking on LBC bar.

(Sorry for my bad English :-[)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2012, 06:54 AM »
When i close, and open, "preference and option" window, this window das not remember where is close down and always open to the same monitor on LBC!

you mean it does not remember where the Preferences window was last located?

I don't understand the 2nd bug -- could you try to explain it again? maybe a screenshot?

sakiskom

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2012, 07:49 AM »
Yeap! :Thmbsup:

sakiskom

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2012, 01:17 AM »
When i close, and open, "preference and option" window, this window das not remember where is close down and always open to the same monitor on LBC!

you mean it does not remember where the Preferences window was last located?
Yeap! :Thmbsup:

I don't understand the 2nd bug -- could you try to explain it again? maybe a screenshot?
The 1st image is when LBC loads. The 2nd image is when LBC is open and is "dock" to the monitor.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2012, 01:20 AM »
i understand now.. i never gave it much thought but i can see why that is annoying, i will try to fix both.

sakiskom

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2012, 02:30 PM »
Thank you.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2012, 09:00 AM »
Can you check to see if it's fixed in newest beta: https://www.donation...ex.php?topic=30108.0

sakiskom

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2012, 04:29 AM »
Can you check to see if it's fixed in newest beta: https://www.donation...ex.php?topic=30108.0
No problem now. You fix it! :D
Launch Bar Commander 1.131.01  :Thmbsup:

Thank you!

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member