ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > LaunchBar Commander

LBC with two monitors problem

<< < (5/9) > >>

mohaqeq:
If you set it such that undocking LBC automatically gives it a border, please allow for a no-border option (when undocked) in the preferences.  E.g., I like to display LBC w/ a transparent background and no borders, whether docked or not, so that only the icons are visible.

mouser:
but would you ever have it UNDOCKED and no border and use it that way?

mohaqeq:
Yes, that's how I'm using it now: undocked, no-border w/ transparent background, just showing the icons.

mohaqeq:
I'm having an issue w/ running multiple LBC docks on dual monitors.  I would like to show dock1 on monitor1 and dock2 on monitor2.  I've tried w/ either creating both docks (1 & 2) under the same .mcf file, or under 2 different files.  The issue is that the 2 docks always appear on the same monitor, if both docks are given no border and a transparent background.  If you allow the docks to have borders, you can drag one of the docks to the other monitor.  But to disable the border you'll have to open the "Preferences" window, and as soon as you close the "Prefs" window, one of the docks will jump to the monitor of the other one.  In other words, everytime I open & close the "Prefs" window, both docks will appear on the same monitor, which makes it impossible in this fashion to run the docks w/ no borders on 2 different monitors.  Even if I give them borders, so that I can drag one to the other monitor, when LBC is restarted, both docks will reappear on the same monitor.

The only way I know to run 2 border-less docks on 2 different monitors, is to run 2 instances of LBC.exe.  Then in the "Prefs" of each instance uncheck one or the other of the docks.  This way each instance of LBC executable can run one of the docks w/ no border on a different monitor.  The problem again is that even if "Start with Windows" is checked under "Options" for both instances, when restarted only one instance, and therefore only one of the docks, will appear, and you'll have to manually run another instance on the other monitor and adjust the prefs.

Is my system misbehaving or is that the current design?

mouser:
Is my system misbehaving or is that the current design?
--- End quote ---

sounds like a bug to me.

But can i clarify something -- I understand that if you leave borders on, you can move the docks to where you want them.

Now if you never mess with turning off borders -- does this program behave perfectly even when opening preferences and restarting program?  Or is the root of the problem that no matter if you have borders or not, when closing preferences or restarting the program, the docks change monitors.

I'm trying to understand the role that disabling borders plays -- if the only effect is to make it impossible to move the windows then i can ignore this issue.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version