ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Deduplication, encryption, security and... Dropbox

<< < (13/16) > >>

wreckedcarzz:
Ah okay, that sounds like it works how I want. Downloading now :Thmbsup:

Last-second edit: If anyone has a referral code that they want to use or anything like that, I'll use that. I'm all for more free space.

Deozaan:
Last-second edit: If anyone has a referral code that they want to use or anything like that, I'll use that. I'm all for more free space.-wreckedcarzz (June 07, 2011, 06:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

Here's mine:

https://spideroak.com/download/referral/28b0b737a436a9ff589d1bfd3d51ad9e

Armando:
Some cross-linking... :    
Dropbox Left User Accounts Unlocked for 4 Hours Sunday

Plus this : Now anyone, not just cops with a warrant, can peek inside your Dropbox

(Note that the last link isn't all that great... just another reference...)

JavaJones:
May be useful for those still using DropBox and wanting improved security:
http://www.betanews.com/article/Take-advantage-of-Dropbox-revised-terms-of-service-with-SecretSync/1309789852
(sorry for the link to Betanews  :-[ )
For free 2GB DropBox accounts both apps are free. If you're going to pay for encryption on DropBox though (for accounts larger than 2GB), might as well just use SpiderOak.

- Oshyan

f0dder:
If you are going to store data online always encrypt it locally first in your computer, never trust a third party service like Dropbox or Hushmail with your data even if they tell you they can’t access it and that everything is fine, the bottom line here is that they have access to the decryption key.-kyrathaba (May 29, 2011, 07:38 AM)
--- End quote ---
Good advice if you use a crap service like DropBox - unnecessary if you use something that incorporates client-side security (SpiderOak).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version