Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site November 28, 2014, 11:08:32 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Your Support Funds this Site: View the Supporter Yearbook.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: In search of lightbox script/application, non-image ...  (Read 2284 times)
barney
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: April 12, 2011, 03:18:31 PM »

Folk,

While there's been some discussion here of lightbox application, none of it seems to fit current needs.  I'm trying to help a friend (CC), but this time of year seems to bestow a dearth of free time upon me  huh.

What's needed is a script, or an application to create a script, that will show some Web pages overlaid upon a home/menu page.  Everything I've found so far wants to use images.  Certainly there's a way around that, but time constraints forbid me to experiment right now  Sad.

I remember a marketing app from some years back - prolly 2004 or so - that would create appropriate script.  I likely still have it, but don't recall the name, so a local search for it would be time-consuming, to say the least.  I've looked at a jQuery plugin that seems promising, but can't play with it, and while CC is reasonably adept at HTML/PHP he is ... less than conversant with JS, shall we say?

Anyone know of a reasonably simple approach to this?  A well-annotated script, perhaps, or an application to create a custom script?  He's spent a lot of time on Google, but nothing he's found really works for him.

Basically, CC has a primary Web page with a number of menu items.  He wants a half-dozen or so of those menu items to blur/darken the screen, then display a smaller version of the linked page - or perhaps a <div> containing the page.  The purpose here is never to leave the primary page for these particular links.

Make a good day ... barn
Veign
Charter Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 03:37:16 PM »

Use Colorbox (recommended):
http://colorpowered.com/colorbox/

or the deprecated Thickbox:
http://jquery.com/demo/thickbox/

Both allow you to 'lightbox' any URL.

barney
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 06:25:51 PM »

Thanks.

I'd looked at Colorbox ... seems useful for a project coming down the pike ... but it's a bit much for CC.  He's more interested in sailing than Web-ing  smiley.

BTW, your Unhandled Perceptions is going to be the [financial] death of me  tongue.  Every time I hit it, I discover - three (3) hours later! - that I'm behind on my work.  Damn you for presenting such an interesting presence  Kiss.

Make a good day ... barn
Veign
Charter Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 09:20:18 AM »

Thank You.  Its been slacking off lately because of my OpenMenu.com project.  Need to make time for more posts.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.028s | Server load: 0.06 ]