topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 12:01 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Trout 1.0.5 Build 85 2 weird glitches  (Read 6935 times)

Dochappy

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Trout 1.0.5 Build 85 2 weird glitches
« on: March 30, 2011, 07:20 PM »
This first glitch has happened 3 times today. I have trout open and some songs are in the playlist. I decide I want to  add another so I click on a song in my mp3 folder.  the song is added to the playlist but as the screenshot shows it lists the last song as if it was several songs. When this happens it affects some of the other songs as well and make it so they can't play and the  first song in the playlist just repeats.

If I drag songs from my song directory into the playlist the problem  doesn't seem to happen.
Screenshot - 3_30_2011 , 7_06_06 PM.png

2nd glitch is that when I update the tags of a song within Trout and then I exit trout next time I play that song the tags aren't saved.

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Trout 1.0.5 Build 85 2 weird glitches
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 11:47 PM »
I have trout open and some songs are in the playlist. I decide I want to  add another so I click on a song in my mp3 folder.  the song is added to the playlist but as the screenshot shows it lists the last song as if it was several songs.

I can honestly say that I have NEVER seen Trout do that.  I can't seem to make it do it either.

[/url])[/i]
2nd glitch is that when I update the tags of a song within Trout and then I exit trout next time I play that song the tags aren't saved.

Do the tags get updated in the list after saving?  If not, is the file set to read-only or something?

Dochappy

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 02:46 AM »
the tags are updated and display after editing them but once I close Trout and reopen it the tags are gone.

maybe its something with my system lol just tried to replicate  using different songs and it still happens when I click the song it loads  in Trout but  it loads  each word of the path and filename as a new song with each track being 59 minutes.  that only happens if I click the songs if I drag them I have no probems

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 03:10 AM »
the tags are updated and display after editing them but once I close Trout and reopen it the tags are gone.

I cannot reproduce.   :huh:

maybe its something with my system lol just tried to replicate  using different songs and it still happens when I click the song it loads  in Trout but  it loads  each word of the path and filename as a new song with each track being 59 minutes.  that only happens if I click the songs if I drag them I have no probems

It sounds to me like the registry entry that you created (directly or indirectly via the Open With... command) doesn't have the double-quotes needed for the %1 variable, thus Trout thinks each part of the spaced filepath is a separate file.  You can easily test this by putting some music files in a path without spaces and then trying to add them from there.  Does that make sense?

Dochappy

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 05:19 AM »
that did the trick thanks for the help now when I click a song it opens normally even when i have songs in the playlist