ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Partial (corrupted) downloads from a server (Not a valid win32 application etc)

<< < (5/10) > >>

Stoic Joker:
Another data point.  The initial download of http://carrolld.dcmembers.com/minecraft/2011-04-07.png in Chrome produced a 24KB file.  In Firefox it stalled at 156KB and Opera stalled at 209KB. -jaden (April 12, 2011, 01:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

I may have just got lucky, but IE9 grabbed that file and all the others at the link f0dder posted just fine on the first shot.

Stoic Joker:
I seem to recall reading somewhere that there was an issue with certain php download scripts that retrieved the requested file from a mysql database and were responsible for corrupted downloads. Had something to do with buffer settings iirc.-40hz (April 12, 2011, 01:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

That does sound familiar, but I was thinking it was only an ASP thing (but I could be wrong). Had to do with disabling the caching if script execution results and just spitting it up the wire ... Yes??

mwb1100:
I don't know if this will help anyone narrow this down (or just add noise to the data), but I often have trouble downloading large files in Firefox or IE at work (no errors reported, just incomplete files after the download finishes). When that happens I use wget which has yet to have a problem.

That's an indication to me that the problem is the browser's fault, but what do I know?

Anyway, if someone here has these issues downloading in the browser, it might shed some light here if they find whether or not wget is more reliable.

jaden:
I may have just got lucky, but IE9 grabbed that file and all the others at the link f0dder posted just fine on the first shot.
-Stoic Joker (April 12, 2011, 03:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

I tried it again and it downloaded completely in all 3 browsers, as well as wget.

Ath:
I tried it again and it downloaded completely in all 3 browsers, as well as wget.
-jaden (April 12, 2011, 05:00 PM)
--- End quote ---
I could get it to load completely in FF3 just now for the first time too

[wishful thinking mode]
Usually that happens after mouser and Gothi[c] do some config changes to the/a server, they wait for a little time to see if 'that helped', and if it did they happily report it fixed here :tellme:
Let's just wait for that then :-[ (I hope so, keeping my fingers crossed)
[/wishful thinking mode]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version