ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Partial (corrupted) downloads from a server (Not a valid win32 application etc)

<< < (6/10) > >>

jaden:
Usually that happens after mouser and Gothi[c] do some config changes to the/a server, they wait for a little time to see if 'that helped', and if it did they happily report it fixed here
-Ath (April 12, 2011, 05:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

That was my first thought too, but I wasn't daring enough to move into full-on wishful thinking mode  ;)

Stoic Joker:
I may have just got lucky, but IE9 grabbed that file and all the others at the link f0dder posted just fine on the first shot.
-Stoic Joker (April 12, 2011, 03:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

I tried it again and it downloaded completely in all 3 browsers, as well as wget.
-jaden (April 12, 2011, 05:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

Great, We've confirmed the problem is intermittent.  :wallbash:
 :D

Carol Haynes:
Just tried http://carrolld.dcmembers.com/minecraft/2011-04-07.png in IE8, Firefox 3.6.16, Chrome, Opera and Safari and it loaded in each with no problem.

I have to say I have come across this problem before with client machines that won't complete downloads but I have often found other machines download them fine - even on the same WiFi network.

It's strange and I have never found an acceptable answer to the problem.

Could it be something to do with faulty caching at ISPs when it is a more general problem?

f0dder:
Works here now too, FireFox as well as wget from the Linux box. Seems to have relatively slow start, but I hit 330kb/s for one of the larger images :Thmbsup:. Hope it's Gothic that's been sprinkling magic dust on the servers :)

JavaJones:
So far this is what we have seen in this thread:

Initially, at least 3 people (f0dder, jaden, and myself) were able to confirm the issue with downloading those PNGs.
At least 2 confirmed that wget had the same problem during that time period.
Subsequently multiple people confirm that the issue is no longer present either with wget or the browser.

What this says to me is A: it's not browser-specific (wget had the same problem previously while the issue was occurring) and B: it's intermittent.

Hopefully all this is moot and they've found a fix already. :D

- Oshyan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version