topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 2:32 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Graduating from essentialPIM. Need suggestions for others with these features  (Read 3322 times)

yabbadabbado

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I've used essentialpim for many years. During that time I've made numerous suggestions for enhancements to the software to make it more powerful. I now feel the need to move on.
Have looked at Evernote and Ultra Recall among many others.

What would be perfect would be a software like essentialpim that also had more object oriented capabilities of:
- integrating snippets (notes or other sections) easily with mindmapping software (where the parts of the PIM would essentially be a back end for the mindmaps
- ability to embed images in notes and overlay onto the image links to notes, files, calendar, etc. (this is a feature of Vorg Express that I'm impressed with - Vorgspaces). This would come in handy for house or yard projects. I would use Vorg Express for this purpose and as a PIM but the software has too many limitations for me, with few export/import features. Maybe this image overlaying can be done easily with mindmapping. If so, then would something like personalbrain or mindmanager be able to do? 

ha14

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
 C-Organizer (shareware)
http://www.csoftlab.com/

AnyTime Organizer 12.0 (shareware)
http://www.individua...r/anytime_organizer/
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 09:13 AM by ha14 »

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
You might want to touch bases with DonationCoder member Pierre Landry (PPLandry) and take a look at his app InfoQube over at www.InfoQube.biz

He updates InfoQube regularly and has been quite open to suggestions for features people want added.

Luck! :Thmbsup:

« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 10:37 AM by 40hz »

yabbadabbado

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Thanks for the suggestions. Was looking for something more in line with what I am looking for, especially the ability to overlay an image and attach links to portions of it.