topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 23, 2024, 9:21 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: IDEA: Flag Exit Pops in IE8  (Read 2633 times)

justW3

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
  • What you think I said is probably not what I meant
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
IDEA: Flag Exit Pops in IE8
« on: April 08, 2011, 07:26 AM »
Hi,
I was wondering if it's possible to devise some sort of indicator (eg traffic lights or red flag?) to show if a particular webpage will trigger an exit pop-up message (I understand these are also known as Exit Pops) when you come to close that page in Internet Explorer 8.

I feel such a tool would be helpful because some web pages have Exit Pops that are quite badly behaved and refuse to close properly, giving pop-up box after pop-up box in a frantic bid to get you to stay on the page and buy whatever it is they’re selling.  Such behaviour creates problems when exiting IE8 for the day, as the next time you come to open IE8, you discover too late that the "Reopen Last Browsing Session" option has not saved all open pages from the previous session, but only those to the left of the page that had the ‘bad’ exit pop.

Apologies if I haven't explained that too well, but basically I'm looking for some sort of automatic indicator (that will float on top of IE8 perhaps, or sit in it's toolbar?) to show if a webpage in IE8 has an Exit Pop in it’s code or not.  That way, I can close such Exit Pop infested pages individually before closing Internet Explorer 8 itself, and thus prevent such annoying pages from corrupting the "Reopen Last Browsing Session" function.  Hope that makes sense.

BTW, there's no need to suggest I use Firefox and/or Chrome instead, or whatever browser you happen to personally prefer.  This request is about addressing an issue with IE8. Thanx.  :)