ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Documents Organizer

<< < (3/5) > >>

Contro:
might be worth studying these to see if they could be modified (they move the files as opposed to creating shortcuts):

IDEA: Moving selected files to date based folders

New App! File/Folder Date Organizer
-tomos (April 18, 2011, 08:42 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'll try and comment.
Best Regards

Contro:
I tried this just now, rather quickly, in xplorer².
It can generate the sorted file listing in just about any form you want and with various filters. That should be able to meet the requirements.
Then it can create shortcuts for all the files listed, as an immediate batch operation. The shortcuts are output to the Desktop folder by default, but that default could probably be changed.
Thereafter it gets messy. The shortcuts do not inherit the date. If the shortcuts pointed to a folder name which contained a date, then Xplorer² could sort on that text in the shortcut, so you could get a date order out of that.

None of this is automatic. You would have to do it manually within xplorer², though I suppose you could write a batch job to automate it - or some aspects of it.
An expert user of xplorer² would probably be able to do better than I.

You can download a free trial of xplorer² and try it for yourself: http://zabkat.com/
-IainB (April 18, 2011, 02:59 AM)
--- End quote ---

Powertful program indeed. I remember Directory Opus too.
Best Regards

Contro:
At the present moment I think is not enough for my purposes.
The solution or answer for many is reorganize images and videos of a party.
For me when I create a task or project I follow an organization with folders : documents received, documents sent, help received, messages, outgoing special documents and so on. For me is better the possibility to organize in crono folders by shortcuts, and finally if need converto to real links in chronologically order.

Is much powerfull I have seen until now.

:-\

Contro:
might be worth studying these to see if they could be modified (they move the files as opposed to creating shortcuts):

IDEA: Moving selected files to date based folders

New App! File/Folder Date Organizer
-tomos (April 18, 2011, 08:42 AM)
--- End quote ---

Is not enough. I would like a configurable program.
 :-[

Contro:
I tried this just now, rather quickly, in xplorer².
It can generate the sorted file listing in just about any form you want and with various filters. That should be able to meet the requirements.
Then it can create shortcuts for all the files listed, as an immediate batch operation. The shortcuts are output to the Desktop folder by default, but that default could probably be changed.
Thereafter it gets messy. The shortcuts do not inherit the date. If the shortcuts pointed to a folder name which contained a date, then Xplorer² could sort on that text in the shortcut, so you could get a date order out of that.

None of this is automatic. You would have to do it manually within xplorer², though I suppose you could write a batch job to automate it - or some aspects of it.
An expert user of xplorer² would probably be able to do better than I.

You can download a free trial of xplorer² and try it for yourself: http://zabkat.com/
-IainB (April 18, 2011, 02:59 AM)
--- End quote ---

I don't see this program reorganize or create folders in crono order
 :-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version