ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Cheap Artwork for Web Sites and Software

(1/1)

Renegade:
When I was doing the Super Simple site, I bought a lot of artwork from Vector Stock.

They're very cheap, with the same artwork being 10x as much elsewhere.

I've written it up here:

Purchasing Artwork for Commercial Use Cheaply

Hopefully that will be helpful for some people in their next web or software project.

Winkie:
Thanks for the heads up, Renegade.

Now, if I can be forgiven for being so bold, the design at the Super Simple web site is pretty good. The artwork is clean and well presented. Could it be better? Sure. Is it going to win any design contests? No. Is it well presented and attractive? Absolutely. And I did everything there… kind of…-Renegade/Ryan on Cynic.me
--- End quote ---

You are right, (the design of) the site is good. :Thmbsup: It's also very funny.
One small suggestion on the design though: make it clearer that the search box is an search box. Now the design is the same as the bar next to it, which is confusing.

Renegade:
Thanks! :)

Like I said, it could use some improvements. I've committed to following a certain path for the site though, and structural tweaks are a ways off. But... I don't know if I'll be able to stop myself from fixing it now that you've mentioned it... Hahaha~! :)

phitsc:
I've written it up here:

-Renegade (April 10, 2011, 12:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

Interesting writeup, thanks. Are you typically allowed to modify bought stock images?

Renegade:
I've written it up here:

-Renegade (April 10, 2011, 12:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

Interesting writeup, thanks. Are you typically allowed to modify bought stock images?
-phitsc (April 11, 2011, 02:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes. In fact, it's expected that you will.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version