ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox: Why is svchost.exe and sqlite at war?

(1/4) > >>

Curt:
I had a look inside my Outpost Security Suite Pro 7.1's log,
and realized that a war is going on!     :o

Page up and down the Event Viewer has this one incident every few seconds:

svchost.exe
   Access to protected application data is blocked   
C:\Users\Curt\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\dxhgv8j7.default\signons.sqlite
-Application Guard
--- End quote ---

-meaning svchost.exe is blocked by Outpost from reaching this signons.sqlite (in Firefox 3.6).

What is that war about? 

worstje:
Does it list a process number for the scvhost.exe? If it does, you can use Process Explorer to try and figure out what services it hosts, and thus which service tries to access the file.

mahesh2k:
Spoolsv is taking more resources on my computer and making my firefox unstable. If i click on any webpage link then it opens firefox download cue window and shows the progress of page downloading on disk. I don't know what is wrong with ff or windows. Also i noticed that  svchost/spoolsv taking control of firefox's resources and making scrolling hard and in turn giving results like font increase or decrease when scroller is used.

Curt:
-Does it list a process number for the scvhost.exe?-worstje (April 09, 2011, 09:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

-no, PIDs are not listed. (I think I will ask Agnitum to do this.)

--------
mahesh2k, I hope you will figure out what your problem with Firefox is about, so you don't have to use Revo Uninstalller (or similar) to remove ALL of Firefox - but it might be necessary.

sajman99:
This war seems like it's good for absolutely nothing. ;)

btw this same issue was discussed in the Outpost forum. See post #4 where it mentions svchost is blocked from reaching sqlite in the Firefox profile.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version