ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

The Evil Side of Nature

<< < (4/7) > >>

JavaJones:
Yes, it's quite normal, mealworms are regular food for such animals. I'm extremely surprised to hear that they survived the eating and digestion process. In fact unless their identity (on the way out) as mealworms was verified, I might be more inclined to suspect some other parasitic worm got involved. Either way it's creepy though. :P

- Oshyan

Renegade:
Yes, it's quite normal, mealworms are regular food for such animals. I'm extremely surprised to hear that they survived the eating and digestion process. In fact unless their identity (on the way out) as mealworms was verified, I might be more inclined to suspect some other parasitic worm got involved. Either way it's creepy though. :P

- Oshyan
-JavaJones (April 11, 2011, 05:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

It's reminiscent of "Aliens", with the little buggers bursting out of people's stomachs. That "inside/outside" distinction is truly a gripping fear in some horror themes.

J-Mac:
Eeewwwww! Why are you people talking about stinking MEALWORMS when we just watched the same video of FREAKING MICE eating their way into a LIVE FREAKING BIRD!!!  Aaaahggghhhhhh!

That was a really frightening vid! Forget zombies and werewolves.... at least you can usually hear them coming! But those Russian mice sneaking into sleeping people's beds and eating their way into them?!?!  Aaaggghhhh!

Hey - wonder if my daughters will have a problem with me playing this video for my granddaughters? Ya think??   :P

Jim

Deozaan:
Hey - wonder if my daughters will have a problem with me playing this video for my granddaughters? Ya think??   :P-J-Mac (April 13, 2011, 12:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

That video is so un-scary and not-graphic that you could probably fool your granddaughters (depending on their age) into thinking the mice are just cleaning the bird's feathers or something benign like that.

JennyB:
That's just your mammalian chauvinism.  ;)
-JennyB (April 11, 2011, 06:44 AM)
--- End quote ---
Of course!
Have you ever read "Pilgrim at Tinker Creek"?

--- End quote ---

Nope

-JavaJones (April 11, 2011, 01:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's where I first read about the Ichneumon wasp. If the mother wasp does not find a host the eggs will hatch inside her and, yes, eat their way out.

The book is a classic, filled with arresting images of how Nature in heartless and wonderful, often both at the same time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version