ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

The Evil Side of Nature

<< < (2/7) > >>

Deozaan:
That's insane!  I didn't look at the video.  I just couldn't...  :'(-wraith808 (April 09, 2011, 01:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

You mean the video of the mice and the albatross? It wasn't disturbing at all. It just showed about 4 mice (at a time) crowding around a specific area of the bird, with the bird mostly ignoring them. I was expecting something truly repulsive like the mice crawling in and out of the bird's innards. But the video was really tame. The bird could have been sitting on an egg-shaped cheeseball for all you could tell in the video.

JavaJones:
That's insane!  I didn't look at the video.  I just couldn't...  :'(-wraith808 (April 09, 2011, 01:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

You mean the video of the mice and the albatross? It wasn't disturbing at all. It just showed about 4 mice (at a time) crowding around a specific area of the bird, with the bird mostly ignoring them. I was expecting something truly repulsive like the mice crawling in and out of the bird's innards. But the video was really tame. The bird could have been sitting on an egg-shaped cheeseball for all you could tell in the video.
-Deozaan (April 10, 2011, 04:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

My thoughts as well. But I'm glad I *didn't* see mice crawling in and out of the innards of a still-living animal at the same time. :P

- Oshyan

Deozaan:
But I'm glad I *didn't* see mice crawling in and out of the innards of a still-living animal at the same time. :P-JavaJones (April 10, 2011, 08:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

I saw something like that in person when I was a young child. My older brother had a small pet lizard of some sort and fed it mealwormsw. Well, apparently the lizard ate them whole, without chewing or otherwise killing them. They ate their way out from the inside of the lizard.

JavaJones:
But I'm glad I *didn't* see mice crawling in and out of the innards of a still-living animal at the same time. :P-JavaJones (April 10, 2011, 08:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

I saw something like that in person when I was a young child. My older brother had a small pet lizard of some sort and fed it mealwormsw. Well, apparently the lizard ate them whole, without chewing or otherwise killing them. They ate their way out from the inside of the lizard.
-Deozaan (April 11, 2011, 01:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

:o That is just wrong, dammit. Of course I've heard of such things before, mostly with wasps laying eggs in say a spider and then them eating their way out when they hatch. But somehow when it's not insects/arachnids, it's more creepy...

- Oshyan

Renegade:
--- End quote ---

-Deozaan (April 11, 2011, 01:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

:o That is just wrong, dammit. Of course I've heard of such things before, mostly with wasps laying eggs in say a spider and then them eating their way out when they hatch. But somehow when it's not insects/arachnids, it's more creepy...

- Oshyan
-JavaJones (April 11, 2011, 01:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

+100 - very wrong! Ick!

But oddly, from WP:

Mealworms are typically used as a food source for reptile, fish, and avian pets. They are also provided to wild birds in bird feeders, particularly during the nesting season, when birds are raising their young and appreciate a ready food supply. Mealworms are high in protein, which makes them especially useful as a food source. They are also commonly used for fishing bait.
--- End quote ---

:huh:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version