ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

The Evil Side of Nature

(1/7) > >>

Renegade:
This is just too good. The article only gets better as you read.

http://www.cracked.com/article_19126_5-adorable-animals-that-are-turning-to-dark-side.html

Let's face it, animals are bastards. With all of the ant slavery, ape war and duck rape in the world, it's easy to decide nature is something best left to the wild. But there are those animals that -- thanks to Disney and The Far Side -- we tend to think are more likely to dispense witty one liners than bite our face. But while we've been busy rooting for them, they've been quietly revealing their true colors ...
--- End quote ---

(app103 posted it on FB)

wraith808:
That's insane!  I didn't look at the video.  I just couldn't...  :'(

Takes that 'every time you do X a bunny dies' to a different place...  you're doing the world a favor!

JavaJones:
Woah, now that's just creepy.

- Oshyan

tomos:
:) have you all very little contact with animals, or what?! Our family always had cats - that lived in the adjoining garage. Growing up I saw a few pretty gory things over the years, like the tom that killed the kittens, presumably so as he could have another go. Or a female being chased by ten males - although I suspect nothing happened at the end there apart from a.. eh, tom-cat fight. I'm sure people that grew up on farms would have lots of gory storys.

It's an interesting and entertaining read, but on a serious note, I think "nature" gets a bad rap - being demonised and called "evil". 
Really, if they had included humans in there it would have been more balanced & made more sense, been a bit more thought provoking, and could still have been been entertaining (maybe even more so).
I mean, come on -  Oh look, the evil deer eat birds - how could they !! ;D

Of course the disney world view is probably the real problem here.
And
"as suburban homes encroach on deer habitat, deer that are fed by admiring humans -- or that browse on lawns and garden vegetables -- lose their natural fear of people."

--- End quote ---
(and that's quoted under the 'evil' side of deer...)

Renegade:
I think it's pretty tongue in cheek. The thing is that a lot of that you'd probably never heard of before, like the mice and the albatross? A real-life Monty Python rabbit?  :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version