ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Coding Snacks

Windows Reorganizer

<< < (3/5) > >>

Contro:
I tried ContrOrganizer.

1. First I create a sample folder in my desktop with some files in it from differente creation dates.
2. I created the destination folder in my desktop and execute the program.

The program only create the subfolders : 2011  ,  04.2011 , 23.04.2011 because assume the date the files were copied to the sample folder I supposed.

Now I'll try to see the behaviour of soft when I tried with a shorcut in the sample folder. I observ the correct conversion to shortcuts in the sample folder orienting to the destination folder.

What will happen when a shortcut in the sample folder is found ?

I will comment

:-*

Contro:
With a shortcut in the sample folder don't acts.

:P

skwire:
Files that are marked as hidden or as system files are skipped.  LNK files are skipped as well.

I realise that English is not your native language and I really appreciate you using it in your posts.  However, I'm having a hard time determining if the application has worked how you wanted or not.  Can you please let me know?  Thanks.

Contro:
I try my very best :

The program don't work because don't organize by creation date file.

I would like :

a) Please don't skip the lnk files or shortcuts. Copy (don't necessary move) the shortcuts to the date folder associated with the creation of the original file.

b) Copy the habitual or documents type files (images, videos, pdf, doc, xls, dwg, or as you said excluding the hidden and system files) to the date folder according to his creation date.

c) The program explores the source folder and his subfolders and copy the files to the target folder and subfolders according to the date creation of the files.

d) The target folders and subfolders may be in this structure : 2011 , 04.2011 , 23.04.2011 or perhaps is better for international the english way.

Note : If you prefer the criteria "move" files then :
1) move lnk files according to the creation date of the original or linked files to the date folders. And mantain the lnk files in the source folder.
2) move rest of recognized files according to the creation date to the date folders in the target folder.
Your initial program may accomplish my target if I simply copy my initial folder to the source folder for this operation. Then I will not lose any link with Goldmine.

Or perhaps you may propose copy or move the files.

Best Regards

Note : I think the hard situation may be when you encounter in the source folder a shortcut to a folder. Because in this case need a loop in an array to control the files. Or even - I certainly take care of not repeat inside the source folder a shortcut to the source folder - an endless loop that is controllable in an array.

skwire:
I probably misunderstood your first post.  Currently the application scans the source folder and, if it finds a file that is a) not hidden or b) not a system file or c) not a .LNK file, it does the following:

1) Gets the file's creation date.
2) Creates a folder structure under your specified destination folder using the creation date elements (year, month & day).
3) Moves the file into that folder.
4) Creates a shortcut in the original file location pointing to the newly moved file.

So, a file named c:\source\myfile.txt with a creation date of February 22, 2010 would be moved into the following:

c:\destination\2010\02\22\myfile.txt

A shortcut would then be created as c:\source\myfile.txt.lnk that pointed to the moved file.  Is this not what you wanted?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version