ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Coding Snacks

Windows Reorganizer

(1/5) > >>

Contro:
I would like :

Source folder : a folder of my election containing files and subfolders.
Each file has a creation date. We can exclude system files and other extensions not proper to control.
The basic idea would be : reorganize documents, audios, videos, images, and usual files by crono.

Destination folder : The coding snack give the possibility to generate or use a previosly created.
The destination folder is a crono folder :
First level of subfolders control the year : 2010 , 2011, 2012 .
Second level of subfolders control the month : 01.2010, 02.2010, 03.2010, 04.2010 , etc
Third  level of subfolders control the day : 12.01.2010 , 13.01.2010, 14.01.2010 , etc.  (for me is usually enough control the month)
This may be configurable....

Mechanic to get : when the scan found a file in the source folder analyze the creation date and copy a shortcut to the year, month , and day specified in the creation date of that file.

In other words. Is an utility organization copy creating in the destination folder the shorcuts of the original files.

Best Regards

Contro:
FileGetTime

Contro:
Nobody knows ?

Contro:
I abandom for the moment. I will try when I learn autohotkey or autoit.
I think you can do with these languages easily.
 ;D

tomos:
is there a difference?

Thread name = Documents Organizer
Do you know a soft to scan a folder and subfolders and output all in shorcut's mode to a destination folder organized cronologically.
That's :
source folder : By example Y:\datos
to destination folder : by example Y:\Crono
with the subfolders 2011 to make reference to year
containing the subfolder 06.2011 to make reference to month
and finally containing the subfolder 12.06.2011 to make reference to the date.
Able to control years, months, and days of the creation file.
Able to exclude from the source folder some extensions of file.
-Contro (April 10, 2011, 08:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

This thread:
I would like :

Source folder : a folder of my election containing files and subfolders.
Each file has a creation date. We can exclude system files and other extensions not proper to control.
The basic idea would be : reorganize documents, audios, videos, images, and usual files by crono.

Destination folder : The coding snack give the possibility to generate or use a previosly created.
The destination folder is a crono folder :
First level of subfolders control the year : 2010 , 2011, 2012 .
Second level of subfolders control the month : 01.2010, 02.2010, 03.2010, 04.2010 , etc
Third  level of subfolders control the day : 12.01.2010 , 13.01.2010, 14.01.2010 , etc.  (for me is usually enough control the month)
This may be configurable....

Mechanic to get : when the scan found a file in the source folder analyze the creation date and copy a shortcut to the year, month , and day specified in the creation date of that file.

In other words. Is an utility organization copy creating in the destination folder the shorcuts of the original files.
-Contro (April 08, 2011, 09:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version