ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What the Linux kids are watching today

(1/1)

zridling:

The Story of Linux: Commemorating 20 Years of the Linux Operating System
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ocq6_3-nEw

Celebrate the 20th Anniversary of Linux with us. Watch the Story of Linux to remember -- or learn for the first time -- how Linux disrupted a market and has begun to change the world. Do you see yourself in its story?

kyrathaba:
I'm surprised there haven't been comments about that video.  It's very information and highly entertaining...

40hz:
Portraying Stallman as a biblical Moses character was inspired. And not too far from the truth when you think about it.  ;D

And powering 95% of all supercomputing? Wow! I knew Linux made inroads into that market, but I didn't realize it virtually owned it. 75% of all stock exchanges isn't too shabby either.

Very cool. Can't wait to see what the next 20 years will bring - assuming Apple and Microsoft don't finally figure out a way to litigate it out of existence.

8)

kyrathaba:
If you think about how different/improved computing is now than it was twenty years ago, just imagine how much further improved/powerful it will be in another decade or two, given the increasing velocity of innovation.

40hz:
given the increasing velocity of innovation.
-kyrathaba (August 20, 2011, 07:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

Wonder if that will be enough to keep it ahead of the increasing velocity of litigation?

Especially now with all the patent trolling that's been going on.

Because the new name of the game seems to be EXPLOITATION rather than INNOVATION.

At least as far as the big companies are concerned. :-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version