ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

SpiderOak - very nice people =)

<< < (15/15)

kyrathaba:
I still haven't heard back from the "engineer" (as he called himself) from whom I received an email response about my initial report... followed up with email but nada, so far.

CleverCat:
maybe even spiders take vacations?
-Curt (August 13, 2011, 06:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

;D

iphigenie:
I would ping the main support address again - they are normally fast to respond, so perhaps something happened to the email address you are sending to

Deozaan:
Here's the nag-screen:
 (see attachment in previous post)
Even though my SpiderOak usage bar shows this:

(see attachment in previous post)
-kyrathaba (July 08, 2011, 04:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

Did you ever get this sorted out? I recently ran into a similar problem where a junction was created in one of my backup folders, and the junction folder had many large files in it which took me over my limit. I started seeing the same nag screen you posted above. So I went into my View tab and deleted the extra files I didn't want backed up, but for the past week SpiderOak would not synchronize the changes with the server. So on the SpiderOak site it said I was still over my limit, and on the client it said I was only at about 25% of my limit.

SpiderOak is stupid and always tries to process the Queue in order. So it was still trying to backup a bunch of files that I had since removed from the backup configuration. But it wouldn't back them up because I was over my limit. And the act of me removing them from my backups was placed in the Queue--AFTER the action to finish backing up more stuff--so it never removed them from the list.

So what you have to do is shut down SpiderOak, clear the queue, then start it up again and hope you can remove the extra files from your account before it queues up more backups. The details on how to do this are outlined here:

https://spideroak.com/faq/questions/173/i_accidentally_selected_a_file_for_backup_i_removed_it_from_my_backup_selection_but_it_still_keeps_uploading_what_can_i_do/

Why they don't give you the option to remove items from the Queue within the client is beyond me. It's kind of stupid, actually.

kyrathaba:
I never got a response beyond "Our engineer is looking at your reported problem..."

Thanks for the link :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version