ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Kindle 3G - free 3G web browsing - got to be worth a try

<< < (2/3) > >>

mwb1100:
It's "every book I've ever read or will read: upgraded"
-allen (April 07, 2011, 04:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

Nice marketing blurb - Amazon should pay you for that one!

mouser:
i posted about my initial experiences using a Kindle DX: https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=23436.0

nudone:
Ah, yes, I remember reading your review now. And thanks for everyone else's comments.

I don't think the kindle is for me. I've not read a novel in years; I just need web reading and PDF access. The kindle web browser isn't going to be enough.

Instead, a may finally get a smartphone. I discovered today that they've become sensibly affordable at long last.

allen:
I don't think the kindle is for me. I've not read a novel in years; I just need web reading and PDF access.-nudone (April 07, 2011, 07:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

Then a Kindle would be throwing money in the wind. My opinion of its pdf capabilities is about the same as my opinion of its web capabilities. Nice to have, but not stellar per se. As for smart phones... yeah, they're pretty damn cool! Not the best platform for novel reading, but great for just about everything else. (The Kindle app isn't bad in a pinch, though :)

It's "every book I've ever read or will read: upgraded"
-allen (April 07, 2011, 04:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

Nice marketing blurb - Amazon should pay you for that one!

-mwb1100 (April 07, 2011, 05:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ha! It's just how I've felt from the first time I got my hands on my first Kindle -- and it hasn't faded at all. I've always loved reading. The idea of having my books digitized and at once more portable than any single book, and all the benefits that come with that -- but without compromising anything really . . .

wraith808:
Ah, yes, I remember reading your review now. And thanks for everyone else's comments.

I don't think the kindle is for me. I've not read a novel in years; I just need web reading and PDF access. The kindle web browser isn't going to be enough.

Instead, a may finally get a smartphone. I discovered today that they've become sensibly affordable at long last.
-nudone (April 07, 2011, 07:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

Not sure how the nook/nookcolor holds up, but it's also rootable in a pinch...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version