ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

[CH&S] after a long break - beginner's queries

(1/2) > >>

tomos:
after a long break, I've installed CH&S again.

I was never a power user but I'm a bit stumped off the bat here. Key points/queries are numbered.

I have text-items (pre-prepared) that I want to repeatedly paste - I presume these go in favourites.
As I copy each item, it shows in "QuickPaste" in the main window. [1] I would have thought these would also show under "Clipboard" but they dont...**
I copy these to My Favourites.

[2] When I go to paste though, the Favourites sub-menu is empty.
Favourites having the text I want to paste the most often, I'm wondering is there a way to have these at top level - i.e. *not* as sub-items (OTOH I can see this could cause the list to be too long, but it would be a nice option) Found that option - after changing Favourites to top level, they dont show at all...

[3] it would be really nice if CH&S picked up on the default system date (well, that would be icing)

** I see copied text is now showing under "Clipboard" (New) - but the first batch of text copied (6 items) not shown there

tomos:
Re [2] -
OK I think I see the problem - there's "Favourites" and "My Favourites"
the Favourites column (tick-box) is not shown by default, so I presumed the above were the same.

Maybe it would be better to show the Favourites column by default?

mouser:
Yeah Favorites is a bit confusing -- its an example of a Group that can hold actual clips placed into it, AND also will show clips from any other group if that clip has the Favorites checkbox checked.

Essentially both kinds of clips should behave identically when accessed through the "QUICK PASTE" Favorites section as configured in the Quick Paste Menu 2 options tab.  If you notice something other than that let me know.

It sounds to me like something was not quite behaving right for you, but I can't get a good handle on what.

I don't understand 3.

SKA:
Maybe change Favorites -> AllFavorites , while keeping MyFavorites ?

SKA

tomos:
#1 was just some first starting glitch I reckon

#2 IMO it "would be better to show the Favourites column by default" - for beginners - to save on confusion

#3 my system date format is like this: 2011-04-06 19:30:41
Just saying it would be nice if CH&S could pick up on that and show that format under Date/Time - but as I say that would be like icing on the cake!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version