ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Move dialog boxes to the center of the (correct) monitor

<< < (4/6) > >>

MilesAhead:
I know -- but I'd rather not having to maintain an ever growing black list... Instead, I'd very much like to tell the program: "ONLY touch things that have a title bar".

Can that be done?
-David.P (April 13, 2011, 07:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

You can experiment with the spy. I just messed with it a bit.  Seems like non title bar windows should return blank for WinGetTitle function.  If WinGetTitle on the active window returns blank, it's not one you want etc..

Although the spy did pick up the title from this window:

http://www.favessoft.com/reopen.html

you can see it says "ReOpen" in what would be the caption bar, even though it's not the ordinary popup window.

David.P:
Yeah, but how can I insert "Blank" or "nil" into DialogMove's preferences then?

MilesAhead:
-David.P (April 14, 2011, 01:17 AM)
--- End quote ---

I haven't looked at Dialog Move code since I don't have multiple monitors. If I can't try it out myself it's kind of a dead end.

nudone:
-David.P (April 14, 2011, 01:17 AM)
--- End quote ---

I haven't looked at Dialog Move code since I don't have multiple monitors. If I can't try it out myself it's kind of a dead end.
-MilesAhead (April 14, 2011, 01:42 AM)
--- End quote ---

Just a note: dialogmove works on any monitor, single or multi setup. The original purpose was to work on a single large monitor; it was then tweaked for multi screens.

I even find it useful on a tiny netbook screen.

David.P:
It's the same on single monitors: for example the start menu gets moved to the center in my case (admittedly at least partially caused because I wanted DialogMove to center windows even when the mouse is already over them, see further up the thread).

I guess that probably around these parts in DialogMove something (?) would have to be changed in order not to detect windows without title bars:

--- ---   WinGetTitle,WinTitle,ahk_id %ActiveWindow%
   WinClass=ahk_class%A_space%%Winclass%
   If NotDetectableWindow(WinTitle,WinClass)
     return

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version