ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

DLS: Mozilla publishes name and shame list of slow Firefox add-ons

<< < (5/6) > >>

Tuxman:
I had 80 on fx3.. Waiting for updates.. ;D

Renegade:
It makes me wish that they'd have an interface for other languages, and not just JavaScript.

It would be SOOOOO nice to be able to write plugins in C#. At the moment I have to write custom browsers when I need to do things. I would much rather write plugins that I could distribute.

lanux128:
Adblock Plus developer, Wladimir Palant gets back at the tests by Mozilla with some tests of his own.

• http://downloadsquad.switched.com/2011/04/08/adblock-plus-developer-pokes-holes-in-mozillas-new-add-on-perfo/

rxantos:
It would be interesting doing the same thing but for windows applications. If the application is slow and bloated, users should know before buying.

JavaJones:
It would be interesting doing the same thing but for windows applications. If the application is slow and bloated, users should know before buying.
-rxantos (April 08, 2011, 06:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'd like to see that sort of thing as a regular part of software reviews. An additional metric. It would be particularly useful/interesting in comparison/"shootout" type reviews comparing multiple similar products. SoftMaker Office starts faster than MS Office 2010 and has more features and is cheaper? Then why bother with MS Office? etc.

But, as Wladimir's tests in the link above show, if you do tests it's important to be comprehensive and to be crystal clear about your test environment and process.

- Oshyan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version