ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

DLS: Mozilla publishes name and shame list of slow Firefox add-ons

(1/6) > >>

lanux128:
via Download Squad, "Mozilla, continuing its year-long crusade to speed up Firefox startup and shutdown times, has published a name and shame list of the Firefox's slowest add-ons." how many of the addons do you use?

• http://downloadsquad.switched.com/2011/04/04/mozilla-publishes-name-and-shame-list-of-slow-firefox-add-ons/

PS. incidentally i use 8 from the 50 addons that were listed. :o

mouser:
excellent find  :up:

f0dder:
Might seem a bit harsh to provide such a list, but I think it's a really good idea - helps showing that, while FireFox isn't superduper nimble, it's extensions that are responsible for the worst performance degradations. And might even work as an incentive for those extension writers to fix up their code :)

epopuI:
Made for interesting reading - thank you

Winkie:
Nice find Lanux!

how many of the addons do you use?
-lanux128 (April 04, 2011, 07:01 AM)
--- End quote ---
With my still-default Firefox 3.6: 53
With my soon-to-be-default Firefox 4.0: 47

So a count of add-ons on the list used with both leads to... 9 :'(, no surprise they are on the list for most of these.

Surprises on the list, IMHO:
#17 Personas Plus, a Mozilla Labs add-on...
#18 Flagfox
#27 Web Developer
#28 Colorzilla
#42 Stylish, is relatively low. But I'll guess that also depends on the amount of styles that has to loaded and whether they are XUL-styles or not...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version