ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

How to make Firefox Not Open PDF Files

<< < (4/6) > >>

Winkie:
Or Link Alert
-AndyM (April 04, 2011, 02:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

-> Link Alert
Is a nice one, but I'll stick with Cursor indicator, I never needed to know more...

Curt:
...Stylish and this userstyle: Cursor indicator (see attachment in previous post)
-Winkie (April 04, 2011, 02:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

excellent idea.

However, the icons look outdated and too small; they are not easy to distinct. It should not be very difficult for a pro to make them even more useful.

Now I see Cursor indicator hasn't been updated for 4½ years. That might explain something...

ewemoa:
If you want a warning beforehand: install Stylish ...
-Winkie (April 04, 2011, 02:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

Or Link Alert
-AndyM (April 04, 2011, 02:36 PM)
--- End quote ---
Nice!  I think I'll try Link Alert first (only one thing to install here).

Thank you both  :Thmbsup:

mouser:
And i can confirm that after working once, PDF Download is definitely not working consistently (or at all now) in FireFox 4.  Hopefully an update will fix that soon.

IainB:
@bob99:
In Firefox 4
Tools > Options > Applications > Application/pdf  I set to "always ask"
There are also other choices here.
--- End quote ---
Thankyou for that note. I had not spent the time looking at that menu. That seems like quite an improvement in FF4 over the previous versions.

@mouser:
I don't have any problems with annoying PDF links since I started using Google docs to view them online by default.   :Thmbsup:
If I want t save the PDF document after reading some of it, then I either save it into Google docs, or if I want the document on my laptop,  then I download it from either Google docs or via the Flashgot add-in   :Thmbsup:  and my GetRight downloader   :Thmbsup:

I don't like to download PDF files of unknown size directly in the browser as they can be very slow to download if they are large. GetRight is fastest as I have it set to download a file in up to 4 sequential segments simultaneously (each segment being a unique slice of the file). GetRight sticks them together automatically (so CRC checksums remain valid).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version