topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 4:02 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: XYplorer Lifetime License Pro on offer BdJ Friday 8th April 2011  (Read 7413 times)

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
XYplorer on offer at Bits du Jour, Friday 8th April 2011:

XYplorer Lifetime License Pro - for PC - The Ultimate File Manager
Deal Available: Friday 8 April, 2011

With XYplorer, you get a file manager with multiple tabs to jump quickly between folders, a powerful search function, a preview feature, and a highly customizable and intuitive interface. 
Deal Price: $34.28
List Price: $69.95
You Save: 51%

XYplorer home page

Well-liked on DC.  Must be one of the most frequently-updated programs in existence!

BdJ's extended blurb:
When you really think about it, file management in Windows hasn't really changed all that much since the olden days of Windows 3.1. But the way that we use our computers, coupled with the explosion in the number of files that we now store, has made dealing with file management an onerous, almost painful task! Thank goodness XYplorer is here to inject some balance, order, and fun to file management!

XYplorer is the last file manager you'll ever need to install! With XYplorer, you get multiple tabs to jump quickly between folders, a powerful search function, a preview feature that should have been part of Windows years ago, and a highly customizable and intuitive interface. Even better, XYplorer offers this to you in a very fast, very light application that doesn't require any installation or make any system or registry changes. Intrigued? Read on.

If you're a fan of tabbed browsing, you already know how to work the tabs in XYplorer! Click between folders, rename them, reposition them, and drag and drop files onto them -- a whole lot easier than using Windows Explorer, that's for sure. You can even create a tab dedicated to a search filter! The Dual Pane makes it easy to move and copy stuff between folders, plus there's Manual Sorting to enable you to view files exactly as you like. And when you quit XYplorer and come back later, your tab configurations are there waiting for you!

Combine this extraordinary functionality with intuitive Tree, List, and Mini-Tree views, and you're all set with XYplorer. The Mini-Tree contains a history of files and folders that you've actually used, so it's easy to jump to something you've been working on. Ever wanted to create a magic button to launch files in your app of choice? Custom Toolbar buttons makes that happen! You can color code your files, tag files, highlight and bold favorite folders, or use the Catalog function to combine folders and items from all over your hard drive, LAN, and the Internet under a single heading. There's even support for file names longer than 260 characters, an impossibility in Windows! Plus, aliases make typing long directory structures into the address bar a thing of the past!

The robust features just keep on coming with XYplorer! Imagine one-click previews of any of your media files, plus multiple (up to 100) level undo/redo for your file operations that persists from session to session. An advanced Recycle Bin that leaves your default Windows Bin in the dust! You can even enable queuing in XYplorer and stack file operation jobs without even waiting for the first few to finish, then continue working as your jobs complete in the background!

The latest and greatest version of XYplorer offers Select Special, which lets you modify selections in one pane based on items in the other pane, synchronous scrolling and sorting of both panes, the ability to bring back accidentally erased selections, item name editing, and a quick way to bump selected files up in the folder hierarchy!

Written by Derek Lee

mitzevo

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • Control is power
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: XYplorer Lifetime License Pro on offer BdJ Friday 8th April 2011
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 11:07 AM »
I'm definitely taking advantage of this wicked offer..  :Thmbsup:
Thanks for the heads-up rjbull
The clock is running. Make the most of today. Time waits for no man. Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 02:16 AM »
The promotion is live!

cthorpe

• Discount Coordinator
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • c++thorpe
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, 06:23 AM »
I wonder... is there any benefit to purchasing this if one already has a license to DO9?

C

Dormouse

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2011, 06:53 AM »
I wonder... is there any benefit to purchasing this if one already has a license to DO9?

I have both. I actually use DO & Q-Dir.

I am sure there are benefits to XY that I don't take advantage of.

oblivion

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2011, 01:16 PM »
I tried XY a while back, but (so far) DO9 does everything I want better than anything else I've ever used... mind, if anyone wants to try to convince me why XY's a better product, I'll certainly listen -- I make more use of my file manager than anyone else I know!
-- bests, Tim

...this space unintentionally left blank.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2011, 02:27 PM »
I have both, I like having both :) I reckon at some stage I might give up on Dopus cause of the upgrade costs. I am more used to DOpus though, and it is more, eh, comprehensive - and I've invested lots of time in customising it over the years (XY is a much more recent aquisition). But out of the box I actually prefer XY (but really I'm no power user of either app).

XY is very portable, with "Portable File Associations / Portable Openwith Menu" - fairly easy to setup. I love the Portable Openwith Menu.
Search is super fast.
~ Some features I'm not so familiar with -

A good list of features (with links to more detail) here
Also, with XY you get great "software-satisfaction" from the amount of updates... :-)
Tom
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 02:29 PM by tomos »

sajman99

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2011, 03:20 PM »
Nice discount. Thanks for telling. :up:

Winkie

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2011, 03:30 PM »
"Portable File Associations / Portable Openwith Menu"
Search is super fast.
++++1 :-*

"the Catalog"
I use the Catalog a lot and don't use any (Mini) Tree. I especially like that you can swap them easily.
See my post in a previous thread EDIT: @Tomos: you already saw that one... ;D

Tagging & "Commenting" - I'm not sure are they only readable by XY?
Don't use them either (yet).
But you're right:
The tags are stored in a database file named "tag.dat" located in the application data folder. This file is a normal text file (UTF-16LE encoded) which contains all data in an open, simple, and human-friendly format. You can open it in any text editor to check or even manually edit its contents. This makes it future-safe and accessible for other applications.
http://www.xyplorer..../index.php?page=tags
-XYplorer Tour

jgpaiva

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2011, 03:43 PM »
Although it might be outdated (and misses some screenshots due to the use of direct link (bad Zaine, bad Zaine! :P) ) , Zaine's review of XYPlorer is probably relevant to this thread.

Also, there are quite a few threads in DC about this explorer ;)

Personally, I've used it quite a few times (I own a lifetime license, even though now I mostly use Mac) and found it to be a very fast, clean, and simple, yet powerful explorer replacement.

oblivion

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2011, 05:18 PM »
You talked me into it.  ;)
-- bests, Tim

...this space unintentionally left blank.