ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

Windows error msg - "No Disk"

<< < (2/3) > >>

mouser:
and if you exit CHS and restart it after the computer is booted -- no error messages then?

tomos:
is this any help:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_xp-system/windows-no-disk-exception-processing-message/b1a67525-d5e8-46ae-9801-6b169547e656

"your PC is looking for a USB device"

there was an app listed here (very) lately that sorted out problems with usb ports but I cant remeber the details...

worstje:
I once had a nasty rootkit that made those No Disk messages pop up for a lot of applications. Took a lot of effort to get rid of, too. I hope that's not the reason you're getting it.

mickh:
Sorry i did not answer yesterday.  Got sidetracked.

CHS shows the error msg when comp initially boots.  It also shows the error msg after i exit the first instance of the program; double click to start it from an icon on the desktop.

But, this is where it may get a little weird in terms of figuring things out, i use a piece of software from MacroWorx called "Filing Cabinets."  When i start a second instance of CHS from a filing cabinet (clicking once), it starts w/out problem.  (i use Filing Cabinets to relieve desktop clutter and to organize where i go to start software (e.g., utilities, graphics, audio, etc. in different cabinets).

Thanks for all the help thus-far,

mick

mickh:
i looked to see what Windows thought it had plugged into USB ports.  All was correct; nothing fishy.

thanks,

mick

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version