topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 11:48 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: fascinating game ideas - an rpg based on healing  (Read 4908 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
fascinating game ideas - an rpg based on healing
« on: March 03, 2006, 12:35 AM »
interesting thoughts on game design - i'd like to read more out-of-the-box game design ideas..

http://www.raphkoste...02/the-healing-game/
http://www.cesspit.net/drupal/node/1202

[link from del.icio.us]

jgpaiva

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: fascinating game ideas - an rpg based on healing
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006, 05:37 AM »
That's an idea, as feasible as any other.
Actually, a similar idea has been developed. Some years ago, bullfrog released theme hospital (information here) which was a game based on the construction of an hospital, and the objectives were healing as much persons as possible (it was similar to sim city, so the real objective was having much money as possible and still have everyone happy ;) )

As for the rpg idea, I don't think it'd be as appealing as world of warcraft or games like that. Simply because violence (not that wow is about violence, but it definitely isn't about healing ;)) sells better than peace, that's common knowledge.
I'm not a fan of RPG's (actually, right now I only play TrackMania Nations, the most entertaining FREE game I know), but I would more easily play wow than an rpg based on healing.

just my 2 cents ;)