ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Movies I Love to Listen To: Dialects and Accents

<< < (4/4)

brahman:
British accents so interesting, the English sound track had to have English subtitles:

Snatch

Unfortunately a lot of violence but off-beat funny.

Not only British speak, but also Irish, British/Irish-Gypsy, Jiddish-English, Italo-American, Jive, Pig-Speak and a few I probably forgot.

Best watched using VLC with which you can easily jump back and slow down :).

40hz:
Just recently saw The Boys & Girl from County Clare.

Sweet little comedy with superb (real) Irish accents. So authentic I sometimes had a little trouble following a few of the more passionate and rapid dialog exchanges.

Colm Meaney and Bernard Hill are perfect as two estranged brothers who have dragged their lifelong sibling musical rivalry to new heights of ridiculousness and banter. And the ever lovely and musically brilliant Andrea Corr (of The Coors fame) is superb as Anne, 'the girl' in the title. Now that I've heard her speak more than a few sentences at a time, I can't decide if I'd rather listen to her fiddle playing - or her voice.

:Thmbsup:

katykaty:
British accents so interesting, the English sound track had to have English subtitles:

Snatch

Unfortunately a lot of violence but off-beat funny.

-brahman (May 16, 2011, 11:11 AM)
--- End quote ---
Or you can watch the same movie here in just a minute and 40 seconds  :D

mouser:
Great southern accent movie:
http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/The_Corndog_Man/60035068

40hz:
Have to add in The Medicine Man.

Movies I Love to Listen To: Dialects and Accents

Sean Connery doing Sean Connery - and the (then) young Lorraine Bracco as Dr. Rea Crane complete with a "Noo Yawk" Bronx accent to die for.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version