ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

DC is Much Smoother in Opera

(1/2) > >>

Renegade:
Slowly moving to Opera, and just moved DC and Facebook over here... WOW! What a difference! It's like night and day.

I used Opera for a long time, then things started breaking, and moved away from it. So far everything has been bang on with no glitches. And much faster.

I've been finding that IE and Firefox are simply way too slow now. I use IE for a few sites and nothing else, and it's painful. Firefox is getting just as bad, but not quite. Then again, FF takes up a gig of RAM while IE takes up very little. Trade offs...

Said it before, so I'll say it again... All browser innovation begins in Opera. Now, if only the other browsers would try to copy that little innovation in Opera that we fondly refer to as "not being mind-numbingly sluggish to the point of making me want to stab myself in they eyes to make the pain go away..." :D :P

zridling:
Opera's customizability is what has always attracted me to it. Hard to live with my favorite keyboard shortcuts, whether it's 2001 or 2011.

40hz:
Interesting...

I've also noticed DC is much smoother in Firefox while running off a Puppy Linux (MacPup variant) 'live' CD.

One of these days I'm going to have to go through all my extensions and add-ons one by one to see if there's one particular item that's making such a big difference. (Although it could just be that Firefox's miserable internal database doesn't get used much since the CD is read-only.)

Now off to try Opera on one of my main machines...

Thx Renegade! :Thmbsup:

Renegade:
@40Hz - Post back with how you find it!

40hz:
^Significantly better experience. Thx again!  :Thmbsup:

P.S. I'm running the PortableApps version of Opera. Didn't want to hard install yet another browser on this poor little Windows machine. It's got enough problems already.   ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version