ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

The "Cloud" Goes Up in Smoke

<< < (3/5) > >>

Deozaan:
...and even with horror stories like that, there's still people who are against government regulation of what companies can and cannot do :-\
-f0dder (April 01, 2011, 08:19 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah! Because you can switch from a company you don't like to one you do. That's not so easy with governments. :huh:

AndyM:
I guess he felt he'd gyp some...
-cranioscopical (April 01, 2011, 07:59 AM)
--- End quote ---
;D

40hz:
Then they got bought-up by another bigger company
-Stoic Joker (April 01, 2011, 07:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

And there's the big problem! At that point probably all commitments will fly out of the window and pre-existing business ethics become irrelevant.
The big losers are MSB's without the time or financial resources to seek reasonable recompense, even supposing the perpetrator were susceptible to law.
-cranioscopical (April 01, 2011, 08:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think this is only the tip of the iceberg for the hassles we're opening ourselves up for with our willy-nilly and unregulated approach to putting things up on the web.  :o

MilesAhead:
He started the second dry wall company to pay back the IRS for misusing withholding tax from the first dry wall company, and on with the third.  He was a friendly upbeat guy.  Sometimes I wonder what number dry wall company he's on now, if he's still avoiding prison.
-MilesAhead (March 31, 2011, 11:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

I guess he felt he'd gyp some...
-cranioscopical (April 01, 2011, 07:59 AM)
--- End quote ---

Heh heh.  No way was I board with that pun. :)

Funny thing is, everyone liked the guy. I would guess his workers felt that if they left in a clump it would drive down their wages when they tried to sign on with someone else. Plus he was making payroll.  Apparently the paychecks didn't bounce.

Renegade:
I have a paid Flickr account. I doubt they'll go under unless Yahoo goes under.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version