ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

When you make your 100'th Post

<< < (40/228) > >>

lanux128:
btw, it's my 2222th post (inspiration from Curt).. :)

PPLandry:
Well, guys, 2 weeks ago I've decided to leave both PhD and SSHRC grant behind for now. I've just become so sick of it. Art theory, I've had enough.  :(
Now, I don't know what I'll do next, but it just can't be worst...
-Armando (January 03, 2008, 01:12 PM)
--- End quote ---
You could become SQLNotes consultant.  ;D ;D

Excellent potential revenus

Armando:
You could become SQLNotes consultant.  ;D ;D
-PPLandry (January 03, 2008, 10:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

Well, I'm not saying no. In any case, let's go grab a coffee and chat... between 2 snow banks! It should be fun.

Armando:
Tranglos and Armando - I'm glad you two were able (strong enough) to walk away. My forehead is bruised and I am tired from the exertion of beating my head against any available hard surface (wall, desktop, etc.). For now, I must keep trying (er, perhaps that should be start trying! Like tranglos I've yet to write anything "concrete" just lots, and lots, and lots of ideas and notes...).

Thanks for sharing guys (and wish me luck?) :Thmbsup:
-Darwin (January 03, 2008, 06:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

Darwin! I know how you feel, and I sincerely hope that -- at least -- you  enjoy parts of your research. If you're like most perfectionists, you probably tend to indefinitely postpone the moment of redaction. So... you should "just" start your first draft ASAP. When do you think you'll start giving a shape to all that material you've been collecting? (of course... who am I to tell/ask you that...  :-[)

Armando, sorry to hear that. it sounds not so good but i wish best of luck with your future endeavour.. on the other hand, it's nice & enlightening to hear discussions about your respective dissertations.

Darwin, the same to you too..
-lanux128 (January 03, 2008, 06:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks Lanux. Fortunately, it's not toooooo bad. A bit of an identity crisis I guess, but that's the story of my life (communication, music, literature, theater, psychology, teaching, computers...). I'm not worried about my future though -- luckily, I usually succeed at what I do!  ;)

Most importantly, I want to enjoy my future projects. The last 3 years have been painful, so... Time for some nice change!

btw, it's my 2222th post (inspiration from Curt).. :)
 (see attachment in previous post)
-lanux128 (January 03, 2008, 06:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's a lot of posts... But you'll have to run faster to catch Darwin.  ;)

Armando:
Teaching - good!  :D
Thesis - bad!  :-[ :( :'(
-Darwin (January 03, 2008, 11:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

Oh man, are you living the story of my life or what. I taught US lit and translation at the university where I live for 10 years, never even thought of trying another job when I graduated. The teaching part was awesome, I miss it greatly. The writing part was something else entirely. In those 10 years I gave only one conference presentation, well received too, because I was speaking off the cuff, rather than reading my paper... because I couldn't be bothered to write it all down! Then I realized the net and computing in general were much more fun than writing a thesis on a topic in literature, and never even got as far as the title page. So after 10 years the university and me parted ways.

Teaching really, really good! Thesis ugh.
-tranglos (January 03, 2008, 11:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

So Tranglos, I saw from your website that you do/did a bunch of stuff! Are all the programs there your own creations? (Like the magnificent KeyNote, for instance...??)... I believe they are, of course. So all I can say is : WOW.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version