ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

When you make your 100'th Post

<< < (198/228) > >>

MilesAhead:
^^^ Not the most cheery milestone.  Heh heh

Maybe on my millionth post it will be me bragging about hitting the Lotto? :)

x16wda:
Personally I like this "Miles-stone"! I wrote a lot of assembly code for my Atari on the 6502. I fondly recall a whole library of string handling subroutines in hand-assembled relocateable code, stuffed into short characters strings that I could call. Ahh, those were the days! :-)

When you make your 100'th Post

TaoPhoenix:
Personally I like this "Miles-stone"! I wrote a lot of assembly code for my Atari on the 6502. I fondly recall a whole library of string handling subroutines in hand-assembled relocateable code, stuffed into short characters strings that I could call. Ahh, those were the days! :-)

[ Invalid Attachment ]
-x16wda (December 07, 2015, 07:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

Heh I was kinda thinking that too, it's a spinoff of our theme, but I recall snips that the 6502 was one of THE core cpu's in that early 80's growth spurt. Commodore was using it too.    : )

MilesAhead:

[ Invalid Attachment ]
-x16wda (December 07, 2015, 07:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

I didn't get in on the Atari scene.  But after basic I started messing around with 80x86 asm.  MASM and TASM on the Leading Edge Model D XT clone.  The big thing was writing directly to video memory.  My first PC had the venerable Hercules Graphics Card in glorious amber on 12" monitor.  I remember being tempted to get the 8086 replacement chip as my system only had the 8088.  The chip was a 3rd party CMOS CPU but I forget the name of it(edit: NEC V20).  I got 128KB of ram instead to max it out at 640KB.

KynloStephen66515:
f0dder on four eights :up:
-tomos (October 05, 2015, 03:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

We should start a poll.  When f0dder hits eight 8s will DC still be here?  :)

-MilesAhead (October 05, 2015, 06:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

Erm...In order for him to hit 8 8's, DC would HAVE to be here lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version