Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site September 19, 2014, 10:55:36 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2013! Download dozens of custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 36 Next   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: When you make your 100'th Post  (Read 222129 times)
Carol Haynes
Waffles for England (patent pending)
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #175 on: December 26, 2007, 07:13:47 PM »

Should we take some drastic action about tinjaw's blatant post boosting ... like cutting off his assets?  tongue

Lashiec

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #176 on: December 26, 2007, 07:33:27 PM »

If this was the IRC channel, tinjaw would end up being kicked for flooding (nah, maybe one of the operators would kick himself out tongue). I've got to say that it's the most original form of inflating post count I ever seen Grin

Thanks Darwin!
Curt
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #177 on: December 26, 2007, 07:40:25 PM »

Oh
No
Lashiec
Is
catching
me.
embarassed

- thanks, tinjaw!  thumbs up
lanux128
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #178 on: December 26, 2007, 07:43:49 PM »

hmm.. i guess i'll get on the bandwagon! Grin

p3lb0x
Supporting Member

Beer, beer, beer, I'm going for a beer!

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #179 on: December 26, 2007, 09:17:39 PM »

Hah here I am posting my 100th post

« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 09:20:35 PM by p3lb0x » Logged

Stop mousering people so much - Mouser
Darwin
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #180 on: December 27, 2007, 08:24:18 AM »

If this was the IRC channel, tinjaw would end up being kicked for flooding (nah, maybe one of the operators would kick himself out tongue). I've got to say that it's the most original form of inflating post count I ever seen Grin

Thanks Darwin!

You're welcome Lashiec! but it was tinjaw...

"Some people have a way with words, other people,... oh... have not way" - Steve Martin
Lashiec

« Reply #181 on: December 27, 2007, 11:27:46 AM »

Em, the "thank you" was for your welcome to the Millennium Club smiley
Darwin
Charter Member

« Reply #182 on: December 27, 2007, 11:56:18 AM »

Oh. Well then,

and

You're

"Some people have a way with words, other people,... oh... have not way" - Steve Martin
Deozaan
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #183 on: December 31, 2007, 01:11:01 AM »

Cheaters!

'Nuff said.

lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #184 on: January 01, 2008, 06:45:24 PM »

here's rjbull's 800th post!

tomos
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #185 on: January 02, 2008, 11:53:15 AM »

and in case Armando missed it

corrected my spelling embarassed
« Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 01:12:22 PM by tomos » Logged

Tom
CodeTRUCKER
Supporting Member

Bush Flying... where I'd rather be.

« Reply #186 on: January 02, 2008, 05:18:03 PM »

Since, for what reasons I was never able to figure out, I was not able to get a graphic, please suffice yourselves to visualize, if you will, my post numbered [Fill in the Blank].

There now that should fit all occasions.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 11:04:24 PM by CodeTRUCKER » Logged

I applaud those that refuse to commit "intellectual suicide."

Truth, unlike opinion, tradition, etc. will always be able to stand on its own.  Truth is not a static, but a living entity and will perpetually impart life; therefore, any "truth" that does not or can not impart life can not be Truth.

I am persuaded the only reason bad men have succeeded is not because good men have done nothing, but that good men did not do enough.

An Open Letter to My Friends

Notice: - Unless stated otherwise, I receive no compensation for anything I post here.
Armando
Charter Member

« Reply #187 on: January 03, 2008, 09:55:58 AM »

and in case Armando missed it
 (see attachment in previous post)
corrected my spelling embarassed

Tomos !! Thanks! Yes, I did miss it!  Grin Thmbsup
I'm now a grown up. Hummm what shall I do...

"I suppose it can be said that I'm an absent-minded driver. It's true that I've driven through a number of red lights on occasion, but on the other hand, I've stopped at a lot of green ones but never gotten credit for it."
Glenn Gould
Darwin
Charter Member

« Reply #188 on: January 03, 2008, 10:01:07 AM »

Welcome to the millenium club, Armando  Thmbsup Kiss

Armando
Charter Member

« Reply #189 on: January 03, 2008, 10:09:23 AM »

Thanks Darwin.
Am trying not to procrastinate tooooo much these days...
Hope your Thesis + teaching job are going well!

"I suppose it can be said that I'm an absent-minded driver. It's true that I've driven through a number of red lights on occasion, but on the other hand, I've stopped at a lot of green ones but never gotten credit for it."
Glenn Gould
Darwin
Charter Member

« Reply #190 on: January 03, 2008, 11:01:25 AM »

Teaching - good!  cheesy
Thesis - bad!  embarassed Sad Cry

tranglos
Supporting Member

« Reply #191 on: January 03, 2008, 11:58:46 AM »

Teaching - good!  cheesy

Oh man, are you living the story of my life or what. I taught US lit and translation at the university where I live for 10 years, never even thought of trying another job when I graduated. The teaching part was awesome, I miss it greatly. The writing part was something else entirely. In those 10 years I gave only one conference presentation, well received too, because I was speaking off the cuff, rather than reading my paper... because I couldn't be bothered to write it all down! Then I realized the net and computing in general were much more fun than writing a thesis on a topic in literature, and never even got as far as the title page. So after 10 years the university and me parted ways.

Teaching really, really good! Thesis ugh.

Armando
Charter Member

« Reply #192 on: January 03, 2008, 01:12:40 PM »

Well, guys, 2 weeks ago I've decided to leave both PhD and SSHRC grant behind for now. I've just become so sick of it. Art theory, I've had enough.  Sad
Now, I don't know what I'll do next, but it just can't be worst...

Glenn Gould
Darwin
Charter Member

« Reply #193 on: January 03, 2008, 06:23:12 PM »

Tranglos and Armando - I'm glad you two were able (strong enough) to walk away. My forehead is bruised and I am tired from the exertion of beating my head against any available hard surface (wall, desktop, etc.). For now, I must keep trying (er, perhaps that should be start trying! Like tranglos I've yet to write anything "concrete" just lots, and lots, and lots of ideas and notes...).

Thanks for sharing guys (and wish me luck?) Thmbsup

lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #194 on: January 03, 2008, 06:25:24 PM »

Well, guys, 2 weeks ago I've decided to leave both PhD and SSHRC grant behind for now. I've just become so sick of it. Art theory, I've had enough.  Sad

Armando, sorry to hear that. it sounds not so good but i wish best of luck with your future endeavour.. on the other hand, it's nice & enlightening to hear discussions about your respective dissertations.

Darwin, the same to you too..

lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #195 on: January 03, 2008, 06:27:17 PM »

btw, it's my 2222th post (inspiration from Curt).. smiley

PPLandry
Supporting Member

« Reply #196 on: January 03, 2008, 10:56:57 PM »

You could become SQLNotes consultant.  Grin Grin

Excellent potential revenus
« Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 09:50:23 AM by PPLandry » Logged

Real generosity toward the future lies in giving all to the present -- Albert Camus -- www.InfoQube.biz
Armando
Charter Member

« Reply #197 on: January 04, 2008, 12:27:41 AM »

You could become SQLNotes consultant.  Grin Grin

Well, I'm not saying no. In any case, let's go grab a coffee and chat... between 2 snow banks! It should be fun.

Glenn Gould
Armando
Charter Member

« Reply #198 on: January 04, 2008, 12:59:02 AM »

Tranglos and Armando - I'm glad you two were able (strong enough) to walk away. My forehead is bruised and I am tired from the exertion of beating my head against any available hard surface (wall, desktop, etc.). For now, I must keep trying (er, perhaps that should be start trying! Like tranglos I've yet to write anything "concrete" just lots, and lots, and lots of ideas and notes...).

Thanks for sharing guys (and wish me luck?) Thmbsup

Darwin! I know how you feel, and I sincerely hope that -- at least -- you  enjoy parts of your research. If you're like most perfectionists, you probably tend to indefinitely postpone the moment of redaction. So... you should "just" start your first draft ASAP. When do you think you'll start giving a shape to all that material you've been collecting? (of course... who am I to tell/ask you that...  embarassed)

Armando, sorry to hear that. it sounds not so good but i wish best of luck with your future endeavour.. on the other hand, it's nice & enlightening to hear discussions about your respective dissertations.

Darwin, the same to you too..

Thanks Lanux. Fortunately, it's not toooooo bad. A bit of an identity crisis I guess, but that's the story of my life (communication, music, literature, theater, psychology, teaching, computers...). I'm not worried about my future though -- luckily, I usually succeed at what I do!  Wink

Most importantly, I want to enjoy my future projects. The last 3 years have been painful, so... Time for some nice change!

btw, it's my 2222th post (inspiration from Curt).. smiley
 (see attachment in previous post)

That's a lot of posts... But you'll have to run faster to catch Darwin.  Wink

Glenn Gould
Armando
Charter Member

« Reply #199 on: January 04, 2008, 01:09:01 AM »

Teaching - good!  cheesy

Oh man, are you living the story of my life or what. I taught US lit and translation at the university where I live for 10 years, never even thought of trying another job when I graduated. The teaching part was awesome, I miss it greatly. The writing part was something else entirely. In those 10 years I gave only one conference presentation, well received too, because I was speaking off the cuff, rather than reading my paper... because I couldn't be bothered to write it all down! Then I realized the net and computing in general were much more fun than writing a thesis on a topic in literature, and never even got as far as the title page. So after 10 years the university and me parted ways.

Teaching really, really good! Thesis ugh.

So Tranglos, I saw from your website that you do/did a bunch of stuff! Are all the programs there your own creations? (Like the magnificent KeyNote, for instance...??)... I believe they are, of course. So all I can say is : WOW.

Glenn Gould
Pages: Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 36 Next   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.054s | Server load: 0.03 ]