ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

When you make your 100'th Post

<< < (211/228) > >>

IainB:
...My feeling is that I have an innate desire to put in my $.02.  Either I haven't depleted my two penny sets or my post count is augmented by multiple edits to eliminate typos.  Do edits count?  I am not sure.  As for the non important person I can understand your incarceration if you professed this status without a license.  Likewise I am in danger of apprehension since I believe that the requirement of an Associate's Degree in Sub-Tropical Urban Survival Techniques is immanent.

It is obvious many homeless in Miami lack the education to do it right.  I just hope I can get a Pell Grant to see me through.  FAU has free tuition if you can prove Florida residence but ironically there is no place to live up there in West Boca.  So I cannot take advantage of it.
-MilesAhead (September 04, 2016, 06:48 PM)
--- End quote ---
Methinks that you may underestimate yourseslf.
Is that "lack" a lack of formal education (qualifications on paper)?
Sir James Goldsmith (deceased) is an example  - and there are many more - of someone who was monumentally "unqualified" (in that sense) for what he did, but that never seemed to hold him back.
During their lives, such people have the propensity to change the world we live in, and sometimes they quietly do just that.
I know of not a few degree-holders who are apparently intelligent idiots.
(I blame a politicised educational system for this.)

app103:
@app103: Sorry. Perhaps surprisingly, the irony was implicit in the comment.
Do try to keep up.
-IainB (September 04, 2016, 10:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

Having to put up with people like you is precisely the reason why I may never reach 6000 posts. Now go pat yourself on the back. You earned it.  :mad:

IainB:
@app103: How kind of you to say so!    :Thmbsup:
However, I don't know that you are necessarily correct. For example, you apparently joined in 2006 and are already at 5,643, so, arithmetically speaking, you are doing quite well and there's not too far to go to 6,000 now, whereupon - who knows? -  the aptly-named (as you have pointed out) @Miles.Ahead could well be there to congratulate you too. (The insolent cad.)    ;)

That will then make two of us who have been similarly knighted. I don't know, but there may already be more.

app103:
@app103: How kind of you to say so!    :Thmbsup:
However, I don't know that you are necessarily correct. For example, you apparently joined in 2006 and are already at 5,643, so, arithmetically speaking, you are doing quite well and there's not too far to go to 6,000 now, whereupon - who knows? -  the aptly-named (as you have pointed out) @Miles.Ahead could well be there to congratulate you too. (The insolent cad.)    ;)

That will then make two of us who have been similarly knighted. I don't know, but there may already be more.
-IainB (September 04, 2016, 10:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

That loud noise is not a plane flying over your head.

IainB:
@app103: Well done! Another happy customer then.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version