Interesting "stuff" - DonationCoder.com
HOME | Blog | Software | Reviews and Features | Forum | Help | Donate
Click here to
donate and join now!
Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site April 01, 2015, 03:04:36 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2010! Download 24 custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Interesting "stuff"  (Read 83007 times)
Arizona Hot
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #675 on: March 13, 2015, 05:19:19 PM »

Pro Photo Processing in a Browser It's Here. - Reviewed.com Cameras

S. African surgeon claims world's first penis transplant

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning"  - Catherine Aird
Arizona Hot
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #676 on: March 13, 2015, 05:22:52 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYP085QJvtk" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYP085QJvtk</a>

Powdered Alcohol 'Palcohol' Sounds Like An Accident Waiting To Happen

'USB Killer' is a flash drive designed to fry your laptop  PCWorld

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning"  - Catherine Aird
Arizona Hot
Supporting Member

« Reply #677 on: March 13, 2015, 05:26:03 PM »

Hell no, we won't go! Homeowners who wouldn't budge

Arizona Hot
Supporting Member

« Reply #678 on: March 16, 2015, 04:38:12 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQkMNhKskHE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQkMNhKskHE</a>

Arizona Hot
Supporting Member

« Reply #679 on: March 17, 2015, 10:35:28 PM »

Ultimately, the only way to truly stay anonymous online is to never go online in the first place. If you’ve already used the internet, delete any and all accounts you’ve ever created, turn your computer off and smash it to pieces. You will still leave a digital footprint of some sort in your wake, but hopefully it’s not particularly significant. If you’re using this extreme method, you should also smash up your smart phone, your tablet and your smart TV (they’re listening to us now). Now that you have purged all connected technology from your life, you may wish to live in self-imposed exile, perhaps in a cave, so that you are not tempted to re-enter the online world. Don’t tell anyone about this and you will successfully have acquired complete anonymity. Probably.

21 tips, tricks and shortcuts to help you stay anonymous online

Ghostery is the web’s leading transparency and privacy tool. It’s free for consumers to help them better understand the kinds of data collected about them and the companies that are collecting that data. If they choose, Ghostery users can opt-in to our Ghostrank panel, which provides the anonymous information we use for our Ghostery Enterprise services.

Ghostery, Inc.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CExKn24BVbA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CExKn24BVbA</a>

« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 10:52:48 PM by Arizona Hot » Logged

Arizona Hot
Supporting Member

« Reply #680 on: March 18, 2015, 05:06:43 PM »

Nostalgia alert Microsoft rebuilds original 1994 home page - CNET

This is what Apple's website looked like in 1998 - CNET

Arizona Hot
Supporting Member

« Reply #681 on: March 21, 2015, 06:52:59 PM »

Hide and Seek

Reader weather photos

Arizona Hot
Supporting Member

« Reply #682 on: March 21, 2015, 07:01:32 PM »

Crapware: Why manufacturers install it, what you can do about it, and why it's not going to go away  ZDNet

Lenovo promises to stop bundling crapware on PCs  ZDNet

Renegade
Charter Member

Tell me something you don't know...

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #683 on: March 23, 2015, 08:52:24 AM »

This should be interesting to watch:

http://www.telegraph.co.u...arge-Hadron-Collider.html

Big Bang theory could be debunked by Large Hadron Collider

Scientists at Cern could prove the controversial theory of ‘rainbow gravity’ which suggests that the universe stretches back into time infinitely, with no Big Bang

The theory of Rainbow Gravity may prove that the Big Bang could not have happened

The detection of miniature black holes by the Large Hadron Collider could prove the existence of parallel universes and show that the Big Bang did not happen, scientists believe.

The particle accelerator, which will be restarted this week, has already found the Higgs boson – the God Particle – which is thought to give mass to other particles.

Now scientists at Cern in Switzerland believe they might find miniature black holes which would reveal the existence of a parallel universe.

And if the holes are found at a certain energy, it could prove the controversial theory of ‘rainbow gravity’ which suggests that the universe stretches back into time infinitely with no singular point where it started, and no Big Bang.

More at the link. (via)

I think one of the things that I truly love about science, is that it constantly changes our understanding of the universe, and disproves past theories, and illustrates a new reality, and I really love being a smug ****ing skeptic and laughing while I see the religio-political science worshippers' beliefs destroyed in a flash. I do get enormous joy out of that. (I'm kind of conflicted that I'm such a sadist at times. tongue ) The pisser is that it takes people a very long time to catch up with the evidence and what new bits of reality science has actually shown to us. But, that just drags out my laughter as well, so - take the good with the bad. tongue Cool

Shaudenfreud? Is that the word?

Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker
tomos
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #684 on: March 23, 2015, 05:14:08 PM »

^ almost: Schadenfreude smiley

Tom
Shades

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #685 on: March 24, 2015, 01:37:00 AM »

@tomos:
[bad joke]
Schadenfreude...you sound a bit like a grammar n*z*, just now. Then again, when someone does do some 'Schaden' to a word, I have a hard time believing that a grammar n*z* gets much 'freude' from correcting it  tongue
[/bad joke] 
Arizona Hot
Supporting Member

« Reply #686 on: March 24, 2015, 09:52:16 AM »

think one of the things that I truly love about science, is that it constantly changes our understanding of the universe, and disproves past theories, and illustrates a new reality, and I really love being a smug ****ing skeptic and laughing while I see the religio-political science worshippers' beliefs destroyed in a flash. I do get enormous joy out of that. (I'm kind of conflicted that I'm such a sadist at times. tongue ) The pisser is that it takes people a very long time to catch up with the evidence and what new bits of reality science has actually shown to us. But, that just drags out my laughter as well, so - take the good with the bad.

But if God did create the universe, it will never happen. If science ever goes against you, you would have a real bummer.

Arizona Hot
Supporting Member

« Reply #687 on: March 24, 2015, 03:16:46 PM »

Fix corrupt photos with JPEG Repair Shop

How to fix .LNK file association error

You may not have this problem, but it praises ESET and Malwarebytes.

Arizona Hot
Supporting Member

« Reply #688 on: March 24, 2015, 03:20:13 PM »

LightEater malware attack places millions of unpatched BIOSes at risk

Hacking BIOS Chips Isn't Just the NSA's Domain Anymore  WIRED

Suite of Sophisticated Nation-State Attack Tools Found With Connection to Stuxnet  WIRED

Just when you thought it was safe to internet after FREAK, a new NSA threat is disclosed.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 03:26:12 PM by Arizona Hot » Logged

Arizona Hot
Supporting Member

« Reply #689 on: March 25, 2015, 12:52:03 AM »

Watch Out, Brands The Controversial .Sucks Domain Is Almost Here

Jupiter May Be Behind The Mysterious 'Gaping Hole' In Our Solar System

Jupiter might have wrecked the first version of our solar system - The Washington Post

Arizona Hot
Supporting Member

« Reply #690 on: March 27, 2015, 01:09:59 PM »

Kickstarter campaign will let you grab Jide Ultra Remix Android tablet for $39

Download Official Windows 7 SP1 ISO ( 32bit - 64bit ) from Microsoft

Microsoft Software Recovery Download Windows 7 ISO

Arizona Hot
Supporting Member

« Reply #691 on: March 27, 2015, 01:15:30 PM »

Most popular US web browsers, according to the federal government  ZDNet

Why I code How to think about side projects  ZDNet

Precision, depth, and flexibility - the ultimate difference between PC software and apps

Arizona Hot
Supporting Member

« Reply #692 on: March 31, 2015, 02:47:51 PM »

How Charles Dickens can create passwords you remember

Trouble Remembering Passwords Charles Dickens May Be Able Help

* Generating 56-bit passwords using Markov Models (and Charles Dickens).pdf (174.77 KB - downloaded 0 times.)

TaoPhoenix
Supporting Member

0 - 60 ... then back to 0 again!

« Reply #693 on: March 31, 2015, 04:07:14 PM »

I'm gonna single out this one to echo because to me it's far beyond "just interesting stuff" and smack in the middle of the desktop-mobile wars.

Not the least being that we're on DC, we're either software creators or software appreciators.

In contrast, strange "new culture" themes keep emerging in the "app-world" that disturb me. Besides the lockin platform stuff, just the actual software design, tons of apps seem to have "good pixel placement", someone set a bar high for that, but the actual feature sets seem to be often really sloppy.

Pages: Prev 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.053s | Server load: 0.1 ]

Share on Facebook
submit to reddit