Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site December 18, 2014, 06:37:01 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Read the full one-year retrospective report on DonationCoder.com.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Share your photos! Travel shots, photoblogs, etc.  (Read 1443 times)
JavaJones
Review 2.0 Designer
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: August 21, 2014, 12:49:53 AM »

I was shocked to find that there is apparently no thread dedicated to sharing everyone's travel, art, and other photo captures (if there is one, I must have missed it - point me in the right direction!). So I'm starting one right here and now with the selfish motive of sharing a gallery of images from a trip earlier this year (in March) to Iceland. But the unselfish part is I hope this will inspire others to share their own photos, whether amateur or professional, artistic or purely documentary, new or old. Show us where you've been and what you see through your lens(es)!

To kick things off here's Iceland Part 1 (of 3)

- Oshyan

The New Adventures of Oshyan Greene - A life in pictures...
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 04:17:10 AM »

Warning: Do not visit Oshyan's galleries if you easily become jealous of other people's vacations.. He has some killer photos.
tomos
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 05:26:10 AM »

^ yeah, very nice Kiss

Tom
ewemoa
Honorary Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 07:10:53 AM »

WOW!
JavaJones
Review 2.0 Designer
Charter Member

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2014, 11:15:02 AM »

Thanks everyone. Now share yours!

- Oshyan

tomos
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2014, 02:05:10 PM »

Thanks everyone. Now share yours!

well you might inspire me to get in gear and upload a few pics - which I haven't done in years. Did work on a batch lately but was nearly all with family.
Here's one though from July in Ireland (click for 768*1024):

Tom
JavaJones
Review 2.0 Designer
Charter Member

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2014, 02:29:41 PM »

Egads, what a gorgeous place. I have always wanted to visit. More! smiley

- Oshyan

JavaJones
Review 2.0 Designer
Charter Member

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2014, 10:28:56 PM »

At long last, Part 2 of 3, for those interested:
https://plus.google.com/p...lbums/6088425499534158033

Thanks for looking! And hey, please DO post your own photos and share your journeys, adventures, discoveries, etc! smiley

- Oshyan
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 03:28:35 PM by JavaJones » Logged

Stephen66515
Animated Giffer in Chief
Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2014, 04:01:25 PM »

Few minutes from where we are currently staying smiley - Taken the last time we visited.  (Southend-on-Sea, Essex, England)

No trees were harmed during the creation of this message.  Millions of electrons, however, were terribly inconvenienced

"Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the things you can think up if only you try!" - Dr. Seuss
Stephen66515
Animated Giffer in Chief
Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2014, 04:10:05 PM »

That Pier we are on is the Longest Pleasure Pier In The World  cheesy

No trees were harmed during the creation of this message.  Millions of electrons, however, were terribly inconvenienced

"Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the things you can think up if only you try!" - Dr. Seuss
JavaJones
Review 2.0 Designer
Charter Member

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2014, 08:53:52 PM »

Oh my god, I love super long piers!! That's awesome. Thanks for showing that. smiley

We have one in the Bay Area, no longer functional unfortunately, but it used to be 3.5 miles long! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berkeley_Pier

- Oshyan

Stephen66515
Animated Giffer in Chief
Honorary Member

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2014, 08:58:33 AM »

Oh my god, I love super long piers!! That's awesome. Thanks for showing that. smiley

We have one in the Bay Area, no longer functional unfortunately, but it used to be 3.5 miles long! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berkeley_Pier

- Oshyan

Honestly...I thought 1.33Miles was enough to walk down the pier haha, couldn't imagine walking almost 3x that haha - Worth it though on the Southend one...there is a lovely restaurant at the end, a little ice-cream parlor and the Life Boat Station (With a gift shop). You could get a train to the end of the pier instead of walking, but...where's the fun in that?! tongue

4wd
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2014, 01:35:04 AM »

A few panoramas from my last trip, (these have been reduced to about 20-30% of their full size):

Pink flamingoes at Walvis Bayw:

Jamestown from about halfway up Jacob's Ladderw (supposedly 699 or 700 steps, I forgot to count):

Ascension Islandw, the uninhabited side.  Unfortunately we weren't in the 15% of ships who actually get to land, there's no pier, (just a rock outcrop), so if the sea isn't dead flat you're out of luck.

Mindelow:

Pop quiz: Who can identify the type of the half submerged boat to the left of the ARMAS ferry?

For interest: 12,515 geotagged digital photos.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 01:49:45 AM by 4wd » Logged

I do not need to control my anger ... people just need to stop pissing me off!
Jibz
Developer

Cold Warrior

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2014, 07:29:05 AM »

I enjoy taking pictures of flowers, and some of them end up on 500px:

"A problem, properly stated, is a problem on it's way to being solved" -Buckminster Fuller
"Multithreading is just one damn thing after, before, or simultaneous with another" -Andrei Alexandrescu
tomos
Charter Member

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2014, 04:53:31 AM »

^ beautiful smiley

Tom
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.046s | Server load: 0.16 ]