Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site August 22, 2014, 08:35:32 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2012! Download dozens of custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Knight to queen's bishop 3 - Snowden charged with espionage.  (Read 62950 times)
IainB
Supporting Member

Slartibartfarst

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #625 on: August 10, 2014, 06:22:43 AM »

"If we find anyone -- doesn't matter if it's hackers or governments -- involved in any of our customer environments anywhere in the world, we tell our customers, period," Chambers said[/b]. "And we do that in the U.S., in Europe and China and India. And we have done it."

Yeah, right. Sounds great. So what? Proof to substantiate that statement? None so far, it seems. But wait...where did I put that proof...?
(Sound of crickets chirping.)
wraith808
Supporting Member

"In my dreams, I always do it right."

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #626 on: August 10, 2014, 12:06:21 PM »

"If we find anyone -- doesn't matter if it's hackers or governments -- involved in any of our customer environments anywhere in the world, we tell our customers, period," Chambers said[/b]. "And we do that in the U.S., in Europe and China and India. And we have done it."

Yeah, right. Sounds great. So what? Proof to substantiate that statement? None so far, it seems. But wait...where did I put that proof...?

It's in the same place as that proof of WMDs...

Renegade
Charter Member

Tell me something you don't know...

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #627 on: August 10, 2014, 12:30:42 PM »

Don't forget the leprechauns! smiley

Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker
Stoic Joker
Honorary Member

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #628 on: August 10, 2014, 12:33:13 PM »

No. The proof that the NSA et al are only gathering information on real terrorist threats is in the same place as the proof of WMDs. Especially when the DoHS has free time to get involved in a local BS drug bust. Now how do you recon they found out about that action... Hm...

Cisco is just doing damage control after a badly placed photo took a chunk out of their bottom line. Corporate whores tend to react badly when cash flow is impeded ... So I think it's a front worth watching. But expecting Cisco to just rattle off a list of clients that have been breached in some way, kind, sort, form, or fashion is a bit silly...as that would be even more bad exposure for all parties involved.
IainB
Supporting Member

Slartibartfarst

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #629 on: August 11, 2014, 12:46:15 AM »

But expecting Cisco to just rattle off a list of clients that have been breached in some way, kind, sort, form, or fashion is a bit silly...as that would be even more bad exposure for all parties involved.
Yes, of course. It goes without saying that we'll never know for sure whether they actually have any proof or not, because, of course they cannot state any of it, for security reasons.
There. You and I have said it anyway.

Doesn't seem to have any meaning to make a statement that "...And we have done it.", knowing that it cannot be substantiated in any event. A marketing puff.
Stoic Joker
Honorary Member

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #630 on: August 11, 2014, 06:48:39 AM »

Doesn't seem to have any meaning to make a statement that "...And we have done it.", knowing that it cannot be substantiated in any event. A marketing puff.

They can't put it on a billboard, true. But as the saying goes "People Talk". And historically word of mouth has been a reliable form of advertising. So I'd file it under pay attention to the mummer on the street and see which way the rumors go.
wraith808
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #631 on: August 13, 2014, 07:57:24 AM »

Snowden: I Left the NSA Clues, But They Couldn’t Find Them

In a WIRED interview published today, the 31-year-old megaleaker has revealed that he planted hints on NSA networks that were intended to show which of its documents he’d smuggled out among the much larger set he accessed or could have accessed. Those hints, he says, were intended to make clear his role as a whistleblower rather than a foreign spy, and to allow the agency time to minimize the national security risks created by the documents’ public release.

The fact that NSA officials have told the press that his haul may have been as large as 1.7 million documents, says Snowden, is a sign that the agency has either purposely inflated the size of his leak or lacks the forensic skills to see the clues he left for its auditors. “I figured they would have a hard time,” Snowden tells WIRED, describing the agency’s attempts to reverse-engineer his leak. “I didn’t figure they would be completely incapable.”

Ouch.

wraith808
Supporting Member

« Reply #632 on: August 13, 2014, 07:59:33 AM »

A link to the Wired interview.

Renegade
Charter Member

Tell me something you don't know...

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #633 on: August 13, 2014, 08:31:00 AM »

When WIRED asked an NSA spokesperson to comment on Snowden’s new claims or its internal estimate of the size of his leak, spokesperson Vanee Vines responded with this statement: “If Mr. Snowden wants to discuss his activities, that conversation should be held with the U.S. Department of Justice. He needs to return to the United States to face the charges against him.

BWAHAHAHAAHAHA~!

Umm, maybe he should come home to help prosecute the real criminals?

Bitch, STFU.

Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker
Pages: Prev 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.044s | Server load: 0.09 ]