topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Monday March 18, 2024, 10:56 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Latest Version - FlipSuite (Flipbook Printer Suite) v2.04.01 - June 3, 2011  (Read 36890 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
I'm happy to announce the release of FlipSuite 2 (aka Flipbook Printer Suite 2).

v2.04.01 - June 3, 2011
  • [BugFix] Fixed crashing that could occur after printing.
  • [MajorFeature] Added new special flipcap capture mode that captures only a specific number of frames explicitly, without audio.  This can result in much smaller files, faster capturing user interface, and the ability to handle larger resolution captures.
  • [MinorTweaks] Minor tweaks to improve capture user interface.

FlipSuite is the evolution of a previous program of mine, Flipbook Printer (designed to let you print "Flip Books" from video movie files on pre-scored business card paper or a professional card cutter) , combined with the video recording features of another of my programs (Webcam Video Diary).

Where Flipbook Printer was made to print out video files that had been recorded using other means, FlipSuite includes substantial video recording functionality built-in, something that Flipbook Printer users have long requested.

It includes all of the functionality of Flipbook Printer, as well as some major feature improvements and bug fixes.  The program can still be used as a standalone flipbook printer and my intention is to retire the independent FlipbookPrinter build in favor of FlipSuite.

FlipSuite's development was funded by the company that now owns the commercial rights to the software, OpenAirEventSolutions.com and they have generously allowed us to continue to distribute a fully functional free version.  The only restriction for personal users is a tiny bit of text on the far left margin that states the program is not to be used for commercial purposes.  If you wish to use FlipbookPrinter or FlipSuite in a commercial enterprise you need to contact them and purchase a commercial license.

flipsuitemontage.jpg

There are a TON of options in this program -- and the default options may not be suited for your needs -- so please be prepared to spend some time getting it configured for your best usage.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 04:32 PM by mouser »

Ath

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
This is awesome :-*

There are indeed a ton of options, and I have no movies to be printed, but it's surely a big motivator of finally using my phone to make a few movies and get me a nice flipbook. Really cool 8)

PhilB66

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Is this a (free) trial software?

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
It's fully functional, non-expiring, and has no feature limitations. The only thing that home users will see is a tiny bit of text on printed flipbooks that says it's not for commercial use.

Event operators need to purchase a commercial license from OpenAirEventSolutions, and that removes that text.

PhilB66

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Thanks mouser.

The LicenseFile.txt specifically talks about 'trial period' and the Personal Printer Suite's "About" window shows number of days left before renewal. Hence the confusion.

Image 1.png

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Yeah what you are noticing are the lingering oddities present due to the dual licensing of the program as a free and commercial version.. still a few tweaks to be made.

ajayfe

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
hello everybody, could somebody explain me why are the images(frames) printed becoming too dark, even though i print them in a white background, it becomes dark...???????????

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
could you clarify a bit, and maybe take some screenshots or camera photos?

are the images dark in the video that is captured? in the preview of the printed pages? or just when printed?

also, i'm going to split off your question into its own thread, so look for it in this section later.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
v2.04.01 - June 3, 2011
  • [BugFix] Fixed crashing that could occur after printing.
  • [MajorFeature] Added new special flipcap capture mode that captures only a specific number of frames explicitly, without audio.  This can result in much smaller files, faster capturing user interface, and the ability to handle larger resolution captures.
  • [MinorTweaks] Minor tweaks to improve capture user interface.

SynapticArtz

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Dear MOUSER
its been several (painful) years since i first was here and downloaded the flip book printer - oddly because of that pain and loss - i never installed or used that version - its  still on my XP laptop somewhere.
Now that we are in Win7 i came back to find you made new 2011 version and i did just down load - not yet installed or tried it.
the youtube vid i watched first looks great and am excited i have set of files of my cat before he died that i saved just to do this kind of thing - but more over in this LONG winded THANK YOU - it seems with new version and newer pc the use of video frames will be easier for me - learning curve gone up since last i was here...

ANYWAY Just to say THANK YOU for making these things!
if no more events like Tuesday afflict me - I hope i can spend time making a bit of art.. if i get good perhaps i can check into that commercial version; not to get ahead of my slow self..
Sorry to ramble.. stress and...  Gratitude

Sincerely,