ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > Site/Forum Features

Suggestion: Kickstarter Featurer

(1/1)

mouser:
I don't think we have featured kickstarter projects nearly enough -- it seems to me something we really ought to be encouraging more in terms of encouraging independent projects.

If there is anyone on the forum who follow kickstarter on a daily/weekly basis and feels like they could objectively pick out 1-3 projects each week for an extended period of time, it would be nice to have a weekly featured post/blog highlighting them.

Any takers? Preferably someone who has been a DC member for a while.

rgdot:
I first heard of Kickstarter when the Diaspora project came along, I read their newsletter. If no one more familiar volunteers I can give it a try.

wraith808:
^ I was just about to suggest that same outlet for culling interesting projects - the newsletter.  There's also http://www.indiegogo.com/.  Maybe both could be sources of interesting projects.  Are we looking towards software projects only, or any projects?

I'd be willing to help if RGDot wants to split the responsibilities... seems like an interesting idea.

rgdot:
No problems here. Whichever way seems best I will give it a shot.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version