ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Coding Snacks

Changing a folder's name text colour

<< < (3/4) > >>

Contro:
I think the desktop font color is under control of Windows.  For light desktop background it will show as black text.  Navy blue will probably cause it to use a white font.

There's several free icon color changers around. I found a few on Softpedia. I don't use desktop icons anymore.  If I do a Bullzip print to pdf it may stay on the desktop for 1/2 hour.  That's it.

-MilesAhead (April 10, 2011, 09:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

Under certain circunstancias the name text become blue or green. I don't remember why. Compressed files or so.
Under windows is easy to control the colour font or other parameters of the title window, active window,......

But this is different.

The only program I have detected is xentient labels, but is not freeware.

-Contro (April 11, 2011, 07:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

The trouble with these gadgets that mess with the shell, seems like every one I've tried, some flaky behavior is evident within 2 hours of trying them out.  Perhaps this one works, but every one I've tried that sticks stuff on Explorer that ain't supposed to be there, makes Explorer do stuff to become less useful, like crashing or appearing on the desktop as a caption with nothing underneath it, or something equally non-satisfying.

I gave up on trying this category of stuff.

-MilesAhead (April 11, 2011, 10:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

Xentient Labels exist, but is shareware.
Additionally what have you proof ?
you don't tell

MilesAhead:
Try them yourself.  I have had a string of HP machines.  Your mileage may vary. I'm just relating my experience. I don't keep journals.

Stoic Joker:
Under certain circunstancias the name text become blue or green. I don't remember why. Compressed files or so.-Contro (April 11, 2011, 07:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

NTFS Compressed files are blue, and EFS encrypted files are green.

Contro:
There is a way to do the change editing the windows registry ?

There is a command in autohotkey/autoit to control ?

Best Regards

skwire:
There is a command in autohotkey/autoit to control ?-Contro (April 13, 2011, 02:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

RegRead: http://www.autohotkey.com/docs/commands/RegRead.htm
RegWrite: http://www.autohotkey.com/docs/commands/RegWrite.htm

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version