topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Wednesday April 17, 2024, 9:09 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: IE extensions: Copy Image Url To Clipboard and Browse To Url  (Read 10298 times)

NoWhereMan

• Participant
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I don't know if this is the correct section, but I just discovered how extensions in IE work, and I would like to share these extensions I made
They are actually just a little more than code samples I found around the web, but I find them very useful.

Copy Image URL

Right click, Copy the URL of the image under the cursor to the clipboard (as seen in Chrome, Firefox)

Browse to highlighted text

Select an URL in plain text (not an anchor <a href>), right click, select Browse to Highlighted text to open a new tab or window for that URL

To install, copy the .html files somewhere, I chose %APPS%\IETools (%APPS% is an environment variable which points to C:\Users\MyUserProfile\Apps)

Then open regedit a browse to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MenuExt\

Then create two new keys

1) Browse to Highlighted &Text
2) Copy Image &URL

Set the (default) value to the file path of the corresponding html
And then create a new DWORD named "Contexts" and set it to 16 (highlighted text) for Browse to Highlighted Text, and 10 for Copy Image Url

Hope you'll find these useful :)

Have fun!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 01:32 PM by NoWhereMan »

cranioscopical

• Friend of the Site
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: IE extensions: Copy Image Url To Clipboard and Browse To Url
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 12:52 PM »
Thanks for sharing.