ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

[JS] How to make this loop?

(1/1)

RedPillow:

--- Code: Javascript ---$(document).ready(function(){    var modTime = 0;setInterval(function(){  $.post("ChatClient.php", {"file":"chat.cht", "time":modTime}, function(rst) {    if (rst.time != modTime) {      modTime = rst.time;                window.location.reload();        else {                                }    }  });}, 1000);});
So that is my code, and I need to make it do the whole check again on the else-statemen.
This is supposed to check a file modification time and if it's changed - it should reload the page and if it's not changed, it should just keep checking infinitely again until it is.
It works nice, if I remove the else-statement but then it refreshes every seconds - no matter if the file is modified or not.

I tried this by myself:

--- Code: Javascript ---$(document).ready(function(){loopIt();function loopIt() {   var modTime = 0;setInterval(function(){  $.post("ChatClient.php", {"file":"chat.cht", "time":modTime}, function(rst) {    if (rst.time != modTime) {      modTime = rst.time;                window.location.reload();        else {                loopIt();               }    }  });}, 1000);}});

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version