Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site September 01, 2014, 08:45:51 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2013! Download dozens of custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: The Official DonationCoder.com card game: CodyCards  (Read 10336 times)
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: March 28, 2011, 10:27:26 PM »

I want to start a new thread for discussion of CodyCards, the new official card game of DonationCoder.com (because i say it is!).

It was made using my open source PythonProtoCards library for rapidly prototyping card games.

I am having a few decks of it professional printed and they will be given away on special occasions.

• Download pack with rulebook and printable pdf sheets for cards: Here

« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 11:06:29 AM by mouser » Logged
Deozaan
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 10:33:32 PM »

So, looking at the deck, it seems like you could play this game with an ordinary deck of cards. Cody and his Uncle take the place of the Jokers. Is that right?

mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 10:35:45 PM »

So, looking at the deck, it seems like you could play this game with an ordinary deck of cards. Cody and his Uncle take the place of the Jokers. Is that right?

yes, you could.  if you dared to anger Cody by doing so.  tongue

though one advantage of using the CodyCards is that you can make up your own fun house rules using the pictures.. and it's also a lot funner to use these cards.

ps.
if anyone wants to print their own, you can download my PythonProtoCards download and generate the pdf pages and print them out on these cards:
http://www.plaincards.com...+Cards+with+Pattern+Backs

« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 10:37:39 PM by mouser » Logged
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 11:00:41 AM »

Here are the proofs for the decks i am ordering:

I am ordering a minimum run, 18 decks, at a cost of about $15 per deck, so these will be pretty rare...
skwire
Charter Member

Another Coding Snack request? Om nom nom...

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2011, 11:08:10 AM »

The cards look great.  =]

Gothi[c]
DC Server Admin
Charter Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2011, 12:03:27 PM »

If you're going to have the cards professionally printed, shouldn't you have a design for the back?
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2011, 12:13:46 PM »

i did make a back -- perhaps not as good as a custom back saying CodyCards but it's something:
Gothi[c]
DC Server Admin
Charter Honorary Member

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2011, 12:20:55 PM »

Looks good! smiley

But yes, a codycards specific thing would be neat smiley I imagine, with a graphic of cody in a cage filled with coins, and lots of things coming at him (the predators and weapons etc on the cards) smiley
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2011, 01:11:01 PM »

I imagine, with a graphic of cody in a cage filled with coins, and lots of things coming at him (the predators and weapons etc on the cards)

hahahah  Grin Grin Grin

or maybe cody going to war against all of these creatures...

maybe for the 2nd printing smiley

actually you know the tower defense image of cody might fit this theme of cody trying to steal coins past your defenses pretty well:
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 01:33:35 PM by mouser » Logged
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2011, 04:16:37 AM »

Nudone sent me a new tall aspect version of the image and so here's the new back I propose:
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 04:27:20 AM by mouser » Logged
housetier
Charter Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2011, 04:36:06 AM »

I like the back!

It depicts the outcome of unchecked capitalism, where people do not cooperate but work against each other for the eventual benefit of one: war and destruction.

Gothi[c]
DC Server Admin
Charter Honorary Member

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2011, 08:15:42 AM »

Awesome! smiley looks great!

tomos
Charter Member

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2011, 08:19:47 AM »

Awesome! smiley looks great!

agreed!

Tom
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2011, 08:22:34 AM »

Nudone is a genius, what more needs to be said?
cranioscopical
Friend of the Site
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2011, 08:45:57 AM »

Nudone is a genius, what more needs to be said?

Thank you, Mr Genius, for this and all the other DC-related brilliance!

Chris
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2011, 05:06:47 AM »

I hope people will come up with variants or even completely new games based on the different cards and share them.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2011, 05:57:23 AM »

Now.. who wants to make an online multiplayer version of CodyCards.. we will provide permanent hosting for it.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 09:17:37 AM by mouser » Logged
f0dder
Charter Honorary Member

[Well, THAT escalated quickly!]

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2011, 08:43:01 AM »

Oooooh!

- carpe noctem
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2011, 10:39:13 AM »

CodyCards now has a page on BoardGameGeek: http://www.boardgamegeek....boardgame/96194/codycards
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2011, 08:22:01 AM »

ps.
I'll mail a deck of CodyCards to the person who does the best job of coming up with some alternate rules that make use of the images on the cards.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2011, 01:03:08 PM »

15 decks of cards just came back from the printers and they look and feel great:

Ath
Supporting Member

« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2011, 01:37:38 PM »

Hey, that looks great Thmbsup

mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2011, 02:41:32 PM »

I've sent a bunch of decks out and still have more to send in monthly drawings.
Would be nice if those who got the decks took photos of them playing it.
Stephen66515
Animated Giffer in Chief
Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2011, 05:34:10 PM »

I received a package today!

Needless to say, like always, I fail at remembering if I ordered anything...but it has my name on the box!

Lets get to opening!

Ooooh...It's a box!

Wtf? Another box?

OMG Another! - Its like pass the parcel...only...without all the other people.

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH CODY CARDS!

O_o, They make me read instructions!

Never mind those...THESE are what I want, after opening 3 cardboard boxes, one plastic one, and removing the cling film heat sealed wrapping stuff...took ages!

Sorry for the bluury pics...took from a crappy camera phone lol
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 05:38:46 PM by Stephen66515 » Logged

No trees were harmed during the creation of this message.  Millions of electrons, however, were terribly inconvenienced

"Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the things you can think up if only you try!" - Dr. Seuss
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2011, 05:41:37 PM »

What i'd love to see is a good video of a family learning to play CodyCards for the first time.

I will personally mail a deck of cody cards to any family with kids who promises it record and post a full video showing them learning how to play cody cards for the first time.
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.049s | Server load: 0.18 ]