ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Graphical depiction of web browser popularity from 1995-2011

<< < (5/5)

MilesAhead:
I thought the graphic should have started a few years earlier.  No props at all to Mosaic or lynx. It's not like they'd have to research back to the 1800s or anything.

Deozaan:
I thought the graphic should have started a few years earlier.  No props at all to Mosaic or lynx. It's not like they'd have to research back to the 1800s or anything.-MilesAhead (April 01, 2011, 08:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

A few years earlier is practically the 1800s in Internet time. :P

Opera's popularity over all those years is kind of pathetic. :( :-\ But at least it's still around! Unlike Netscape.

mahesh2k:
I don't like the way google bugs me to switch to chrome while using their services. I mean seriously, isn't that similar to adware or naggware ?

MilesAhead:
I thought the graphic should have started a few years earlier.  No props at all to Mosaic or lynx. It's not like they'd have to research back to the 1800s or anything.-MilesAhead (April 01, 2011, 08:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

A few years earlier is practically the 1800s in Internet time. :P

Opera's popularity over all those years is kind of pathetic. :( :-\ But at least it's still around! Unlike Netscape.
-Deozaan (April 01, 2011, 10:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

It's hardly a reason not to start at the beginning which was the 90s.  The reason has more to do with vying for market share now than any historical perspective.  IOW, it doesn't mean anything. Just more marketing twaddle.

phitsc:
-Deozaan (April 01, 2011, 10:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

I would assume that a major reason for this is that Opera has been a commercial product for many years while both Netscape and IE have been free.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version