ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Skwire Empire

Release: SFV Ninja (Simple File Verification application)

<< < (11/32) > >>

skwire:
if it can't be done, then it's ok.  ;)-sfv4me (May 12, 2012, 05:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well, it can be done but I'm struggling to find an elegant way to handle it.  I know that sounds lame and I apologise.   :-[

At any rate, here's the latest build with some further changes and the bug fix you reported.  Please let me know how this build checks out.  Thank you.

http://skwire.dcmembers.com/apps/sfv_ninja/SFVNinja_v1.1.0.4.zip

sfv4me:
just tested the latest version, the row checkbox for missing files still remains unticked (which i suppose is fine seeing as there is no file found), but as the verify reaches the row the counter is adjusted as necessary.

the clear list button is a simple but nice addition. :)

in this example one i am doing, the end counters are:

total: 29        ok: 28        bad: 1        missing: 2

"bad" is included in the total because i suppose a file was present so its not representative if it was successful or not. how about it showing the results like:

total: 28/31        ok: 28        bad: 1        missing: 2

skwire:
Give this build a try:  http://skwire.dcmembers.com/apps/sfv_ninja/SFVNinja_v1.1.0.32.zip

I made some internal changes and sacrificed a bit of GUI responsiveness for speed when verifying a list.  Let me know how it goes.  Thanks.

sfv4me:
ok, now every row is checked when adding a sfv, so thats good.

i have noticed the slowdown when trying to scroll down or up.

so end results are:

total: 31/31        ok: 28        bad: 1        missing: 2

so the total is just confirming the rows?

one other minor thing which might be a little hard to explain. i use the scroll wheel on the mouse quite a lot and when i open the program, the cursor default is on the mode menu. so if i add the files then start scrolling, the mode changes because i haven't clicked elsewhere in the program.  :-[

also, maybe have the counters reset after clearing the list. at the moment, they are reset only once a new verify begins.

skwire:
i have noticed the slowdown when trying to scroll down or up.-sfv4me (May 15, 2012, 01:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

Agreed, and I'm not sure I like it.  I'll probably switch it back to the original way.

so the total is just confirming the rows?-sfv4me (May 15, 2012, 01:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, and it also acts as a counter while it's verifying files.  BTW, if you double-click the statusbar, it will take you to the currently verifying row.

one other minor thing which might be a little hard to explain. i use the scroll wheel on the mouse quite a lot and when i open the program, the cursor default is on the mode menu. so if i add the files then start scrolling, the mode changes because i haven't clicked elsewhere in the program.  :-[-sfv4me (May 15, 2012, 01:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hehehe, I got burned by this very thing last night and already have fixed it in the next build.

also, maybe have the counters reset after clearing the list. at the moment, they are reset only once a new verify begins.
-sfv4me (May 15, 2012, 01:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

Can do.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version