topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 12:31 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Release: SFV Ninja (Simple File Verification application)  (Read 184560 times)

ewemoa

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: SFV Ninja (Simple File Verification application)
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2011, 08:04 PM »
I'd like to be able to copy a checksum to the clipboard...but I haven't figured out how.  Is there already a way?

I noticed that double-clicking on a row seems to result in a value getting displayed in the cell corresponding to the checksum column.  I'm guessing that what I'm seeing is a CRC32 value -- even when in MD5 or SHA-1 mode.  Is this expected behavior?

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2011, 09:32 PM »
The latest update should fix both issues.  Thanks for reporting them.

Website | Download
v1.0.6 - 2011-10-31
    + Added right-click context menu to the list to allow copying the
      checksum to the clipboard.  (Thanks, ewemoa)
    ! Double-clicking a row verified the file in CRC32 mode instead of the
      currently selected mode.  (Thanks, ewemoa)

ewemoa

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2011, 01:16 AM »
Thanks for the update!  Double-clicking and right-clicking both give expected results here now :)

ewemoa

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2011, 03:11 AM »
I forgot to thank lanux128 for pointing me at SFV Ninja.

Thanks lanux128 :)

On the issue of additional hashing algorithms, I think OpenSSL supports a variety of hashes and is theoretically buildable on Windows -- licensing info from Wikipedia follows:

OpenSSL is "dual licensed" under the OpenSSL License and the SSLeay License.  OpenSSL License is Apache License 1.0 and SSLeay License is 4-clause BSD License. The common usage of the term dual-license is that the user may pick which license they wish to use. However, OpenSSL documentation uses the term dual-license to mean that both licenses apply.

As the OpenSSL License is Apache License 1.0, but not Apache License 2.0, it requires the phrase This product includes software developed by the OpenSSL Project for use in the OpenSSL Toolkit. (http://www.openssl.org/) to appear in advertising material and any redistributions (Sections 3 and 6 of the OpenSSL License).

Also, licensing info from the OpenSSL site:

http://www.openssl.org/source/license.html

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2011, 10:42 PM »
Website | Download
v1.0.7 - 2011-11-10
    + Added SHA-256 support.  (Thanks, ewemoa)

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2011, 08:58 PM »
Website | Download
v1.0.9 - 2011-11-28
    + Added sort arrows to the columns.
    * Changed the sorting order of the Filename and Filepath columns to match
      the operating system since Windows 7 seems to default to "logical"
      sorting.  (Thanks, ewemoa)

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2011, 02:54 PM »
Is there a way to trim duplicates from the list?

Say I've got a music folder with many many subdirectories of artists and albums, etc. If I have a single SFV file in the root music folder and I want to update it with newly added music, it would be most convenient to just have it scan the entire music folder (recursively) without adding duplicates that are already in the SFV file.

If this isn't in the program already, please consider this an official feature request.  :Thmbsup:

Cornucopiae

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2012, 08:40 PM »
Hi! I created 5 files (Calaméo.zip, Calaméo.rar, Calaméo.xls, Calaméo.doc, Calaméo.txt) then I wanted to check crc32. And I saw the 0000000. I used SFVNinja ANSI. I think a problem is in symbol "é"? MD5 is OK! Sorry for my Eng.
http://s018.radikal.ru/i512/1201/9f/787d70113d65.jpg
Release: SFV Ninja (Simple File Verification application)

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2012, 08:49 PM »
Hi! I created 5 files (Calaméo.zip, Calaméo.rar, Calaméo.xls, Calaméo.doc, Calaméo.txt) then I wanted to check crc32. And I saw the 0000000. I used SFVNinja ANSI. I think a problem is in symbol "é"? MD5 is OK! Sorry for my Eng.
http://s018.radikal.ru/i512/1201/9f/787d70113d65.jpg
Release: SFV Ninja (Simple File Verification application)

have you tried the unicode version? that should support the accents..

Cornucopiae

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2012, 10:30 PM »
lanux128
Yes, I know in Unicode version is OK. MD5 is OK in ANSI. Why crc32 is not? I don't use Unicode version because it incompatible with QuickSFV and many other programs. Sorry for my Eng.

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2012, 12:02 AM »
Hi, Cornucopiae, and welcome to the site.

Yes, I know in Unicode version is OK. MD5 is OK in ANSI. Why crc32 is not? I don't use Unicode version because it incompatible with QuickSFV and many other programs. Sorry for my Eng.

I've tested the ANSI version out a bit and the MD5 checksum reported in the ANSI version (for Unicode filenames) is not right.  It will report the same checksum for all Unicode filenames (D41D8CD98F00B204E9800998ECF8427E).  Is this the same checksum you get?  If so, this is a bug in the ANSI version.  In other words, you're going to have to use the Unicode version for your Unicode filenames.  The resulting SFV is written in UTF-8 format which is why a lot of other SFV programs can't handle SFV files produced by the SFV Ninja Unicode version.

Cornucopiae

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2012, 06:13 AM »
skwire
Yes, I got this checksum D41D8CD98F00B204E9800998ECF8427E. Thanks, now I understand.

daws0n

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2012, 03:26 PM »
Thanks for creating this really helpful tool, I have been looking for something like this for a long time!

GUI is nice and it works great for scanning and checking files via existing SFVs, but I am having problems with the update feature. Unless I am using it incorrectly, this is the problem I face...

I have a folder of pictures, with a single .sfv file for checking (verify.sfv, created with your software). This loads and checks the folder contents fine, but after I add new pictures I want to update the SFV to include them also. So... first I "add folders to list" and select the photo folder, and then "load checksum file" and select the corresponding existing verify.sfv.

I expected it to simply add the new photos to the main window since the existing files were accounted for... But it treats everything in the verify.sfv list as a "newly added file"... So, the "verify newly added files only" option doesn't not work properly in this case.... It it no quicker than creating an entire SFV again due to the duplicate entries!

I am with Deozaan on this, any chance of incorporating "trim duplicates" option? Could you implement this easily with the information referenced in file paths column? I.e if an absolute file path appears more than once, the duplicates are deleted. This would make updating SFVs far easier and would be a most welcome feature - I've yet to find another tool that offers such flexibility as yours.

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2012, 10:53 PM »
Thanks for creating this really helpful tool, I have been looking for something like this for a long time!

You're welcome and welcome to the site.   :)

I am with Deozaan on this, any chance of incorporating "trim duplicates" option?

I've added this type of logic into the latest build.  However, the expectation is that the user load any checksum file(s) FIRST.  This way, all files within the checksum file get added with their appropriate checksums.  After that, you can add files/folders and it will only add files that don't already exist in the list, to the list.  Does that make sense?  At any rate, give this version a try:

Website | Download
v1.1.0 - 2012-02-12
    + Duplicate files are no longer added to the list.  (Thanks, Deozaan and daws0n)
    + Last used folder should be remembered now when adding folders.  (Thanks, Deozaan)
    ! Handled bug where an erroneous MD5 checksum would be generated for a Unicode
      filename whilst using the ANSI version.  (Thanks, Cornucopiae)

daws0n

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2012, 03:24 PM »
Wow that was quick, great work skwire! Tried and tested - no problems here, works 100% as expected :)

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2012, 04:47 PM »
Wow that was quick, great work skwire! Tried and tested - no problems here, works 100% as expected :)

Great to hear.  Thanks for reporting back.   ;)

sfv4me

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2012, 07:13 AM »
skwire, first i must say i love the program. i spent hours searching google for recursive sfv checkers and after installing, testing, deleting quite a few i came across your one.  :Thmbsup:

some things i would like to recommend:

first: at the bottom of the screen alongside "total", "ok", "bad"... can you put one for "sfv"? this would show the total number of sfvs there are.

second: when i am doing a recursive check on a hdd, it is normally for thousands of files. i dont care too much to have all the files showing up in the screen. what do you think of having just a sfv file line showing then having a "+" or arrow (like in the registry) next to it which will expand to show the actual files which are being checked. if you are not sure what i mean, sort of like how the registry does it (i.e. you click the arrow to expand the next section). so if i dropped 30 folders onto the main window it should only show the 30 sfv rows then i can expand to see the files if need be.

third: if there is a bad or missing file, to highlight the line in yellow, red or some other color. this makes it visually stand out more. so if the second recommendation is implemented, the sfv main row would be red, then when you expand the missing/bad files row is also red.

what do you think?

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2012, 10:47 AM »
skwire, first i must say i love the program. i spent hours searching google for recursive sfv checkers and after installing, testing, deleting quite a few i came across your one.  :Thmbsup:

Thank you and welcome to DonationCoder.  =]

first: at the bottom of the screen alongside "total", "ok", "bad"... can you put one for "sfv"? this would show the total number of sfvs there are.

Can do.

what do you think of having just a sfv file line showing then having a "+" or arrow (like in the registry) next to it which will expand to show the actual files which are being checked.

Unfortunately, I don't think this can be done with the standard listview control that is available to me in AutoHotkey (the language all my tools are written in).

third: if there is a bad or missing file, to highlight the line in yellow, red or some other color. this makes it visually stand out more. so if the second recommendation is implemented, the sfv main row would be red, then when you expand the missing/bad files row is also red.

I have done this before for other apps but there are some programming-related caveats.  I'll check which libraries are available these days and see if they've solved some of those issues.  I assume you did see that the row icons do change colour if a file is missing or the hash doesn't match?

sfv4me

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2012, 12:50 AM »
hi skwire, thanks for the speedy response.

thanks for the first part.

about the second part, if it cannot be done i can live without it. i do like how the interface is clean and does what it does. some other ones i found to be too gimmicky and showed too many things which made it cluttered.

for the third part, yes i did notice the colour change when either the checksums differ or the file is missing. i do not want to change the program too much because some other people might not like the idea, but if it was possible to add a row highlight colour, maybe have that as an option so as to leave the default as it is now.

another thing i thought of is to be able to right-click on any file and have the option to open folder location so you can go straight to the folder.

i think i will keep using this program.  :)

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2012, 05:47 PM »
Thanks for your patience.  Please give this version a test and let me know if it does what you requested.

http://skwire.dcmemb...FVNinja_v1.1.0.2.zip
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 01:46 AM by skwire »

sfv4me

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2012, 07:30 PM »
wow skwire, i wasn't expecting a release so soon.  :Thmbsup:

the row colors aren't too harsh but they still stand out which is good and is what i am looking for.

you forgot to add the sfv total at the bottom of the screen along side the other counters.

another thing i have noticed is, when i use "scan folder for checksum files and load" it loads the sfv but it won't check the row which has missing files. so if i verify all files, the counter at the bottom still shows 0 missing at the end of the check (the row is highlighted as missing though which is fine). so at the moment i have to remember to "check all rows" option before running the verify. could you make it default to "check" all the rows when adding the sfv?

thanks a lot.

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2012, 08:47 PM »
you forgot to add the sfv total at the bottom of the screen along side the other counters.

Well, I wasn't sure how to implement this.  For instance, let's say you add five SFVs to the list but then delete some rows and add, say, five more SFVs to the list.  Are we now at ten?  Or, do we start over on every add action so we'd be at five?  Let's say you load two SFVs and then remove some rows.  Are we now still at two even with partial loads?  Lots of different scenarios here.

another thing i have noticed is, when i use "scan folder for checksum files and load" it loads the sfv but it won't check the row which has missing files. so if i verify all files, the counter at the bottom still shows 0 missing at the end of the check (the row is highlighted as missing though which is fine). so at the moment i have to remember to "check all rows" option before running the verify. could you make it default to "check" all the rows when adding the sfv?

Actually, that's a bug.  It should be counting missing files even if they're not checked.  I'll fix this.  =]

sfv4me

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2012, 09:45 PM »
i am glad i noticed the bug.  :P

regarding the sfv counter... it shouldn't really matter how many you add or delete because it depends on the verified check at the end. the counter should show how many sfvs were checked in total.

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2012, 10:29 PM »
regarding the sfv counter... it shouldn't really matter how many you add or delete because it depends on the verified check at the end. the counter should show how many sfvs were checked in total.

Right, but you're not checking SFVs...you're checking files.  As in, once you load an SFV's files into the list, SFV Ninja doesn't know or care about which SFV the file(s) came from.  I mean, I can certainly keep count of the number of SFVs parsed through and loaded but it would become meaningless if you were you, say, clear the list and add more SFVs to the list.  Follow me?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 07:14 AM by skwire, Reason: Grammatical error »

sfv4me

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2012, 05:32 AM »
oooh, of course.. the sfv itself isn't getting checked.  :-[

but wouldn't most people clear the files in the list before adding some more folders? thats what i do. i plan to check one hard drive, once the verify is complete, remove files from list, grab another hard drive and do the same for that. if the list is cleared it gets reset back to zero. its just that if i added 30 folders, i would expect there to be 30 sfvs, so it would be confirming that they were all picked up.

if it can't be done, then it's ok.  ;)